RIK

I quit

Why stop there? With your logic, you should also

- quit driving and sell your car

- cancel your health insurance and stop taking meds

- renounce your citizenship and leave the country

Life is unfair, you either live your life doing the right thing or give up and crawl under a rock.

While We all agree that prices are nuts, by paying what they are asking people are only keeping the prices inflated. People just need to calm down a little and stop snatching up everything they see on the shelves. Oh, and stop whining, ya big baby.

So because people buy ammo and pay the prevailing rate, they're anti-2nd amendment?

What a childish argument.

Are you still buying gasoline or have you refused to pay the Gougers? I mean, it wasn't that long ago that gas was around $2/gallon. Is everyone anti-transportation now?

Nobody ever said the shooting sports was inexpensive. Just as golf range fees, shooting costs money.

On the other side of the coin, I have never met a lawyer complain about the pricing of anything. You should carry on you troll. I doubt your even a lawyer.

i cant believe so many people have responded to this. he's clearly taking the piss or just here to wind people up. If he truly has been shooting for 50+ years, then he would damn well know how these little spikes happen from time to time and would not get so bent out of shape about it., This spike just happens to be larger than others but we also have an unprecedented amount of media spotlight on our "interest" and a government that is doing their darnedest to make it impossible for us to have this right. Hell, I've been shooting for all of 4 months and even I know this. (Although, I guess I am part of the problem in his eyes, as I'm one of those damned newbies who is buying everything up at jacked prices)

Seriously though.. Unless he's serious and is willing to put his guns and ammo where his keyboard is, please don't give him any more of your precious time. Note how the OP hasnt posted again since his initial post..

Seriously though.. Unless he's serious and is willing to put his guns and ammo where his keyboard is, please don't give him any more of your precious time. Note how the OP hasnt posted again since his initial post..

Maybe the mods should close this thread.

I know the original post was over the top, and I understand supply and demand. I've got no problem with folks who are willing to over-pay for ammo so they'll have something to shoot. I've go no problem with folks who choose not to pay inflated prices.

I do resent the folks who buy up ammo hoping to re-sell at a profit. Yeah, they're just being good capitalists - they're still a-holes.

Seriously OP? You apparently disagree with being a citizen of our country. It was built from the ground up with ideas like free enterprise and the right to keep and bear arms. You are now giving up on both concepts.

I'm not buying this whole price gouging thing is un-American. They are selling ammo at inflated prices and people ARE paying for it. Supply and demand my friend. It's not like we're in the middle of a life and death natural disaster scenario and shop owners are gouging on milk, bread, and gas.

Maybe you should give up on healthcare also. It is the biggest price-gouging game that is going on right now... that is truly a life and death scenario.

As was mentioned, there are many people just coming into the ownership concept. I don't know what ammo cost a year ago, 5 years ago, etc. Yesterday, I picked up my ration of one box of 9mm for $19.00. Was it half that a year ago? Probably. But what am I going to do? I don't have a time machine.

I saw a comment somewhere basically saying "you should have seen the signs and stocked up years ago". I didn't own a gun years ago. Somewhat like saying that Ferraris will be discontinued soon, so stock up on parts now before they are scarce in 5 years, when I have no current plans to own a Ferrari. Maybe that is a dumb analogy, but I haven't had my coffeee yet.

But back to the OP, the writing style is not indicative of being in the legal world.

I Just want to say , "I quit". I wrote to the governor ,several senators and a number of congressmen. I donated to the NRA and used every argument I learned in 4 decades of being an attorney to promote the 2nd amendment but,Feinstein and her followers were nothing compared to the greedy Judases who lived within the shooting community.They and all who stood  and did nothing , or worse , gave in and helped them by paying the inflated price for ammo and thus virtually destroyed the 2nd amendment and those of us who believed in it. I started shooting 53 years ago but,I am now prepared,just when I thought it would become the prime past time for my wife and myself,to say ,"I quit" and sell my firearms to the police the next time they run a "cash for firearms" program because the abject greed that exits in the community of gun owners ,the fact that some of "you" (no longer "us") will destroy the practice of recreational shooting just to make a few extra dollars by buying all the available ammo and selling at 3xs its value and the fact that so many of you will pay the inflated price and that gun shop owners will ask 3xs the price and risk driving so many out of the community because it has become too costly to shoot makes me ill and ashamed to be part of you . So I say "goodbye" and that I will no longer use what I haved learned to defend the 2nd amendment not because I don't believe in it but,rather because too many who have stood behind it and enjoyed its benefits are less than real men and women because real men and women don't rape each other for a few coins and that is what is going on right now in the gun world and even though the majority is not doing it the majority has stood by and let it happen.Few ,if any ,have called out the greedy few and kicked them out by refusing to buy what they sell or standing behind them while they shoot and "booing" their presence or extending a chosen finger when they turned to look. In short,you let it happen. The greedy within have destroyed the 2nd amendment and destroyed what I held dear and looked forward to embracing and practicing its benefits..So again, "good bye"  and again I will no longer speak for you and I am sure that the others true believing men and women will soon join me and all that will be left and the traitors and the cowards.PS if you ever collectively decide to "man up" please let me know. I'll be at the golf course instead of the shooting range.

I am with you 100%. Less rights, more communism! Tell me where to send money. Let's do this!!! :D

It's been fun, but there is just too much negative energy here and too many new a**holes who post bs and lots of great people who used to post all the time who have left or gone underground. I'm out. Life is too short. I'll be in kona. Hope to see some of you there. Paulo knows how to find me.

(Classic meme from Letsrun.com)

As was mentioned, there are many people just coming into the ownership concept. I don't know what ammo cost a year ago, 5 years ago, etc. Yesterday, I picked up my ration of one box of 9mm for $19.00. Was it half that a year ago? Probably. But what am I going to do? I don't have a time machine.

I saw a comment somewhere basically saying "you should have seen the signs and stocked up years ago". I didn't own a gun years ago. Somewhat like saying that Ferraris will be discontinued soon, so stock up on parts now before they are scarce in 5 years, when I have no current plans to own a Ferrari. Maybe that is a dumb analogy, but I haven't had my coffeee yet.

But back to the OP, the writing style is not indicative of being in the legal world.

Not a dumb analogy at all. I bet the original OP is sitting back laughing at the comments. Fine with me, most of us had fun!