S2723 Revises Firearm Purchaser ID and handgun purchase permits (Sweeney, Norcross, Weinberg)

And the sure fire way to get re-elected is.....take everyone ones guns away. In nj gun haters are by far the larger population and what would win their votes more than taking all the guns away..

I think most people are indifferent. The vocal ones are anti, but most people really couldn't care. 

Pro gun people figure they'll stick it out for a while, and maybe later on move out of state (usually to Pennsylvania, so they can still be close to their beloved NJ and NYC). They feel that it's hopeless and useless to fight and it's a never ending uphill battle. To some extent they are right, but the irony is that by doing this they worsen the situation. 

Democrats can pull the big cities who are fed up of the illegal guns and gangbangers. 

Elections still matter.

2nd District assembly seat went from R to D last year by 40 votes and the incumbent seemed pretty pro-2A.  I'm pretty sure 41 pro-2A voters could have been turned out in Atlantic County to make the difference.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/11/vincent_mazzeo_wins_2nd_district_assembly_seat_by_40_votes_reports_say.html

http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/69653/john-amodeo/37/guns#.UunV1P1ZKQo

I'd imagine if they had such a nuclear option they would be going for bigger fish than guns.

Exactly. Guns are small potatoes for them. We're just annoying little gnats, or as Lou Greenwald put it, a small vocal minority.

If they really had something on him they would probably go for something that pays off their best friends - organized labor.

Unfortunately, Ryan_J I don't think we will be so lucky this time around.  Something tells me that the Dems have something on CC regarding the GW Bridge issue and the bargain chip are these gun bills.  If he signs them the investigation "goes away". If he doesn't they drop the bomb and his career is over.  Remember he could always switch parties.

What?... and run against Hillary Clinton as a democrat....I don't think so!

Yeah, I really have to laugh when people say Christie would run as a Democrat, when he has sacrificed some of the sacred cows of the left like organized labor, gay marriage, global warming and public education. Don't think because he's an anti and he embraced Obama that he's a lib. He's left of most Republicans but he's not quite Dem yet. 

I think he would give her a run for her money if he ran as a dem against Hillary. If he runs as a repub I think he has as much chance as Romney did.

As it stands now, we don't have anyone worth voting for

I think he would give her a run for her money if he ran as a dem against Hillary. If he runs as a repub I think he has as much chance as Romney did.

As it stands now, we don't have anyone worth voting for

Rand Paul

Scott Walker seems like a reasonable balanced Republican. Rand Paul may seem too libertarian. Even though I do support libertarians and conservatives, I am realistic in that we need someone who can win. 

That is exactly what happened in the last two elections, the "RINO's" picked the moderate republican to run, AND they lost both times.

We need someone who will stand up for this Country and the Constitution and not be afraid to speak his/her mind to get the facts presented during the debates. We need someone who will pander to ALL Americans, not someone who will target every minority group as a separate set of voters - WE ARE ALL AMERICANS regardless of skin color and all of us need to work together to get this Country back on course!!! 

Sorry if it's been covered in this thread...but what about non-residents with FID's?  How will they be able to buy shotguns, rifles, and ammo? What about simple possession of an unloaded rifle or shotgun?

if your not a resident how did you get a FID? And why would you even consider coming here to purchase weapons or anything else??

Sorry if it's been covered in this thread...but what about non-residents with FID's?  How will they be able to buy shotguns, rifles, and ammo? What about simple possession of an unloaded rifle or shotgun?

Same rules. No difference.

if your not a resident how did you get a FID? And why would you even consider coming here to purchase weapons or anything else??

By applying through the nearest NJSP Barracks. Because you can.

Same rules. No difference.

By applying through the nearest NJSP Barracks. Because you can.

My point is this, there are not any weapons available in this state that cannot be found in all other states, if anything, we have fewer choices due to all the regs here.

And if you are a non-resident will you still need to provide your out of state address, the names and contact info for 3 other people (references) and be fingerprinted in this state and wait 3-24 months to get your FID card?

Thats crazy, just buy in whatever state you live in now and avoid the BS imposed on the residents of this state.