S2723 Revises Firearm Purchaser ID and handgun purchase permits (Sweeney, Norcross, Weinberg)

It's 2:40 and still nothing. I wish I could be this late for my job and not get in trouble. 

I was coming on here to post the same thing!  If I came in this late to work I'd be fired! 

(We all want to "fire" most of the assemblymen anyway!) 

Still nothing from the Assembly side of the circus, but the Senate side started about 90 minutes later than its noon schedule and a few minutes ago, the feed went dead. Now it says COMPLETED when in fact IT IS STILL GOING ON

There's treachery afoot AGAIN

Evil bastahds at work

They don't want us listening. The delay might have something to this with this from ANJRPC:

"NJ GUN GROUPS WARN ASSEMBLY DEMOCRATS ON ILLEGAL VOTE-RIGGING

A coalition of Garden State gun owner and sportsmen's groups today served legal notice on Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver, warning that impending action on several gun bills would be invalid and subject to legal challenge as a result of illegal vote-rigging in an Assembly committee earlier this month. "

(They need 54 votes in the General Assembly to overturn a Governor's veto.)

what he said. Do we really think CC is gonna just sign off on every bill the(mostly) Dems passed and his own party voted against?

Individual votes aren't posted yet, but it looks like it

:-(

Not necessarily a bad thing. I mean it would be nice I'd a few democrats voted their district and not their party but hopefully having the republicans go against it would be a sign toward the governors leanings.

Not necessarily a bad thing. I mean it would be nice I'd a few democrats voted their district and not their party but hopefully having the republicans go against it would be a sign toward the governors leanings.

IF he even does anything.  Anti-gun bills have been sitting on his desk for 35 days, after 45 they automatically become law.  So, in the next 10 days we should have an idea of his stance on the gun situation.  

He has 45 days from today on 2723/4182. 

IF he even does anything. Anti-gun bills have been sitting on his desk for 35 days, after 45 they automatically become law. So, in the next 10 days we should have an idea of his stance on the gun situation.

True. But in this case him not doing anything is the same Thing as signing. It's not like anyone would buy the "I didn't sign it, it just passed" argument. It's like the "I'm not hitting you, stop walking into my fist" excuse with kids in the back seat of a car.

True. But in this case him not doing anything is the same Thing as signing. It's not like anyone would buy the "I didn't sign it, it just passed" argument. It's like the "I'm not hitting you, stop walking into my fist" excuse with kids in the back seat of a car.

Sure - just like "I'm not shooting at you.  Stop running into my bullets!"

I think the fat man is going to switch parties and go for the Dem nomination in '16

After all, he's already got the creds

Sure - just like "I'm not shooting at you. Stop running into my bullets!"

I think the fat man is going to switch parties and go for the Dem nomination in '16

After all, he's already got the creds

Not being an avid fan of political history I don't know: has anyone successfully changed parties. The last time I remember hearing it was years ago (Lott?). He was eaten alive by both parties if I remember.

Please excuse me if this seems to ramble and jump around as my anger is seeming to get the better of me right now.

What I don't understand is everyday I'm in the gun shop or anywhere near any if my gun friends, all I hear is "why doesn't anyone do something", or "when is enough going to be enough?" Well my friends enough has been enough for a long time now. I don't understand why, after all the griping and speculating and cries of liberty and justice, mobs upon mobs of people haven't stormed through Trenton and removed these people by force.

We've been putting up with the forfeiture of our rights in this state for far too long. Not one of our forefathers would have any respect for us at this point.

I also don't understand why we constantly play by their rules. I understand and respect the platforms and ideas of organizations like the nj2as, nagr, NRA, and others of the like, but the time for playing by someone else's rules is over.

They don't respect us, the don't like us, and many on their side have even gone as far as calling for our deaths. We pack assembly halls for meetings, and they ignore our cries. We sign petitions and they scoff at us. We make phone calls, fax, email, and even twitter and Facebook, and they laugh in our faces while they criminalize law abiding citizens by passing embarrassing laws that make us the laughing stock of our growing community countrywide. They take away our 1st amendment rights and remove us from hearings. And we sit back and take it.

Too many people have the mentality of, "oh well, as long as I can go to the range once a week and use my muzzleloader for hunting", or "I don't own any guns affected by this", or "ill just never buy another gun", etc. I've got news for you my friends, if this first round of freedom stripping goes through, it's only the beginning.

Our "hired" representatives are not doing their jobs. Worse yet they are laughing in our faces the entire time. The time for idly standing by in the back of assembly rooms or hearings is over. No one wants to say it, just as our forefathers were probably just as nervous saying it, but the time to show them we are not going to take it anymore is upon us. The time for showings of force are here. These politicians need to be drug out of their ivory towers by their white collars, tarred and feathered, and paraded around the state so everyone knows we are not to be trifled with.

They do not respond to anything we do. Voting does nothing. Why? Because when I was at the polls a few weeks ago, I was there talking to a few friends, and at 35 I was the youngest person I saw walking in for over an hour. No offense to any of the older folk here, but we let this states elections be decided by people who no vested interest in the future of our rights as free humans in this state. No one votes, the voter turn out in my county was dismal. Corzine was proof positive no one cares about who wins. We all thought Christie was different but unfortunately everyone gets duped from time to time.

I know I'm saying things that would make a lot of people walk ten steps behind me, but it needs to be said. And I also know it would take a lot more than a couple hundred people. Imagine tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands of firearms owners, people pissed off at their taxes breaking the 2% cap, people tired of the double dipping pension bleeders that christie said he would stop but didnt, people tired of hearing about illegals getting in state tuition, drivers licenses, and free car insurance, people tired of hearing about how broke the state is but hearing about Christie's spending 10 million on a special election he's been quoted as saying he would never have but is having anyways, marching through Trenton and taking back our government by force. It gives me goose bumps.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been contemplating a move down south for a while now. It's makes me unbelievably sad to think that I may not have the opportunity to share with my children the same places I fished as a kid, same hot dog joints I went to as a kid, same beach that I grew up at as a kid because my home state has grown so corrupt to the point that it will criminalize its own law abiding citizens to satisfy the criminal personal agendas of corrupt politicians.

Sorry guys but today's vote makes me sick to my stomach and my brain is going a million miles a minute. I didn't mean to rant, but I mean every word. Dying to protect my rights and the future rights of my children is not something I'm afraid of.

Gotta go order some evil online ammo while i still can.

IF he even does anything.  Anti-gun bills have been sitting on his desk for 35 days, after 45 they automatically become law.  So, in the next 10 days we should have an idea of his stance on the gun situation.  

I must be imagining things but I thought there was a scheduling trick he could use to extend the 45 day deadline.  I thought I read a news article that mentioned something like he intended to extend the deadlines for the earlier bills on his desk so he could consider all of them together at once.  But I must be imagining things because I can't find it now <shrug>  Anyone familiar with this?

Glockguy, appreciate you expressing your feelings above.  In particular your mention of relocation is noteworthy.  I have been traveling to Dallas, Texas weekly on business for the last three months.  It has been a truly liberating and fun experience walking thru the firearm/hunting aisles at Bass Pro Shops, Academy Sporting Goods, talking with the staff, etc.   Shelves full of ammo(mostly shotfun and rifle), watching people/families purchase firarms including "evil"  AR15's, shelves stocked with high capacity magazines; ALL NO BIG DEAL.  I have felt like I have been traveling from a repressive country(N.J.) to a free United States(Tx). As a life long NJ resident, truly sad.   (Apologies if my post is in any way taking this thread off topic.)

Not being an avid fan of political history I don't know: has anyone successfully changed parties. The last time I remember hearing it was years ago (Lott?). He was eaten alive by both parties if I remember.

Bloomberg was a Democrat before holding office, a Republican for his first two elections, and an independent for his third.

So if you have enough money and a focus on advancing yourself, not any particular ideology, you can do it.

What were the amendments ?

I don't see the actual amendments, just the June 17 statement from Assembly Budget committee.

Language regarding mental health screeners 'ascertain' firearm ownership was changed to 'ask'.

Language requiring court to order search and seizure became court discretion.

Would be nice if they published actual amendments.