S2723 Revises Firearm Purchaser ID and handgun purchase permits (Sweeney, Norcross, Weinberg)

Best possible news. Thanks to everyone who called, sent faxes, and got the word out. We still need to stay on top of this though. They will not give up. It is good for them to know now that we won't either.

Isn't there some kind of legal action being taken against the Assembly? They broke the law by rigging a vote for their own ends. They should be punished! They should lose their seats and have criminal records now!

How do we go about prosecuting them?

Not sure, but I would think the AG would have to bring charges. Good luck with that.

Not sure, but I would think the AG would have to bring charges. Good luck with that.

The ANJRPC had proposed a lawsuit but said any action couldnt commence untill it actually became law (45 day thing) so that was on hold untill........

The ANJRPC had proposed a lawsuit but said any action couldnt commence untill it actually became law (45 day thing) so that was on hold untill........

But that would've been civil, not criminal.The AG would need to go after them for breaking the rules. Is that the same as the same as breaking the law? Probably not.

Congress, the president, they do it all the time with no consequences. Wonder why the people feel like they are being ruled as opposed to represented?

But that would've been civil, not criminal.The AG would need to go after them for breaking the rules. Is that the same as the same as breaking the law? Probably not.

Congress, the president, they do it all the time with no consequences. Wonder why the people feel like they are being ruled as opposed to represented?

This is what grinds my gears. We go out of our way to comply with bullshit laws by not stopping for a bathroom break on the way to the range...but these guys willfully and deliberately break the law to commit nefarious voting fraud. What is our recourse? 

I hope the NJ2AS follows up on this, and I hope those assemblymen go to jail, or at least lose their seats get some kind of criminal record out of it. They deliberately rigged a vote to pass a law. Is it the same as breaking the law? I don't know, but it SHOULD be. Cheating to get a law passed is WORSE than breaking a law, in my humble opinion.

This is what grinds my gears. We go out of our way to comply with bs laws by not stopping for a bathroom break on the way to the range...but these guys willfully and deliberately break the law to commit nefarious voting fraud. What is our recourse? 

I hope the NJ2AS follows up on this, and I hope those assemblymen go to jail, or at least lose their seats get some kind of criminal record out of it. They deliberately rigged a vote to pass a law. Is it the same as breaking the law? I don't know, but it SHOULD be. Cheating to get a law passed is WORSE than breaking a law, in my humble opinion.

Agree.

Charles Mainor is the chariman of Law Public Safety, Assemblyman, and Jersey City Police Detective.  He is WELL ABOVE prosecution for something like this.  Trenton prosecutors aren't going to hunt down a black police detective from Jersey City because he defrauded the NJ Assembly voting procedures on a dead bill. 

It's a shame that this even happened.  Politicians find ways (Sheila Oliver and the Democrats in this case) to break the same laws they write, for something as honest as Voting Procedures. 

No one has the time or patience to file a suit in NJ courts.  It's going to die with this bill.  If the bill passed, there might be some legal standing for you or me to sue Charles Mainor for illegally halting the vote, which directly resulted in us having to pay $$$ for firearms training/license/etc.  But now it's going to die I think, ask ANJRPC and Scott Bach. 

Speaking of Trenton, you go on the NJ state police crime report statistics for 2012, 2011, etc... & you'll find the majority of crimes with firearms in Trenton & Newark.  Why don't they go after those violent crimes now that they know where they occur? Why beat up on honest legal gun owners?  I bet the majority of those illegal guns recover are from out of state also

. At that time, the holder may apply to the issuing authority for a renewal. The issuing authority shall investigate to determine whether the applicant is still qualified for a permit to purchase a handgun. The investigation may include, at the discretion of the issuing authority, a criminal background check and other investigations required under N.J.S.2C:58-3, or any portion of those requirements.

That "at the discretion" bit bothers me to no end.  With that language, they can pick and choose to force you through the background check again whenever you renew.  That has to be especially unconstitutional (even more so than the rest of this) as it imposes an inherently discriminatory practice by statute. 

I was just at www.GSOSS.com this weekend volunteering for NJ2AS and I was telling all people I could about how this bill was long gun registration. It said no private sales, all sales thru a dealer and if not a dealer then local PD you file with. Never used the words registration but and record-able transaction had to have document then gun so this bill over time will cause all guns to be registered and none 18 or younger at then time of the bill if passed could every say i the future they were gifted the gun without documentation. It did have a family clause but I'm not sure how, not sure if the family clause was for "must go thru dealer" or "transaction paperwork filed with local PD". 

Even NRA-ILA agrees with last years proposed bills "prohibits all private sales; and effectively creates a registry of ammunition purchases and long gun sales."

06-14-13 email "New Jersey: Sweeney FID Bill Scheduled for “Re-Do” in New Assembly Committee on Monday‏"

nday‏" 

During the show I took the time to also stop by vender to explain another not so well known bullet with this bill...

25 (3) No firearm or imitation thereof shall be placed in any

26 window or in any other part of the premises where it can be readily

27 seen from the outside.

so all gun store would take down any pics of guns. What if a gun was your logo :o(

I suggest everyone get involved either thru NJ2AS or ANJRPC and make our voices heard.

nothings ever dead..... Zombie Bills

So true. The dems put in a shitload of time and effort scripting new gun control laws, IIRC at one point there was 80+ but as we know the nasty few that progressed to CCs desk got vetoed. But they are NOT dead only in remission for the next Gov, Assembly and Senate to play with. Maybe sooner if God forbid another high profile shooting occurs again. Enjoy the timout now, like some old famous person said, peace is just the downtime it takes to re-load-or something like that lol.

I would say YES because he might get desperate to salvage it and go all pro gun to win votes. 

Unfortunately, Ryan_J I don't think we will be so lucky this time around.  Something tells me that the Dems have something on CC regarding the GW Bridge issue and the bargain chip are these gun bills.  If he signs them the investigation "goes away". If he doesn't they drop the bomb and his career is over.  Remember he could always switch parties.

Unfortunately, Ryan_J I don't think we will be so lucky this time around. Something tells me that the Dems have something on CC regarding the GW Bridge issue and the bargain chip are these gun bills. If he signs them the investigation "goes away". If he doesn't they drop the bomb and his career is over. Remember he could always switch parties.

I'd imagine if they had such a nuclear option they would be going for bigger fish than guns.

I'd imagine if they had such a nuclear option they would be going for bigger fish than guns.

I hope you are correct. Perhaps they are just trying to bombard him with distractions as they know we will bombard his office with calls, emails, faxes and letters.  However, perhaps it's not damaging enough to be nuclear per say, just just enough to make him play their game?  Also, what other bigger fish do the dems want then everyone's guns?

Also, what other bigger fish do the dems want then everyone's guns?

Re-election.

Money. (Which buys them re-election.)

In nj gun haters are by far the larger population and what would win their votes more than taking all the guns away..

I think that NJ taxpayers are the larger population. The gun-grabbers either fail to understand or choose not to understand the firearm owner demographic.

They seem to think that the problem with Camden, Trenton and Newark is sportsmen and NRA members legally buying guns and ammo.