Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Ar-15 raffle

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Sheriffs-Raffle-Rifle-205365191.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

Pa sheriff raffling off an ar-15. God knows this wouldn't happen in nj but at least it's not to far away. To bad we couldn't claim it.

13:47-6.20 PROHIBITED PRIZES

a) No licensee shall offer or award any prize consisting of real estate or any interest therein, bonds, shares of stock, securities or evidences of indebtedness, weapons, live animals (except a gift certificate redeemable for live, edible seafood), foreign or domestic coins (except collector pieces or sets that are marketed as such and are clearly not intended for use as legal tender), tobacco products, motor vehicle leases, or any merchandise refundable in any of the foregoing or as money or cash.

13:3-3.5 TYPES OF PRIZES PERMITTED; VALUE OF PRIZE

a) No licensee shall offer or give, directly or indirectly, any prize in any single amusement game except merchandise other than alcoholic beverages; drug or narcotic paraphernalia; obscene or indecent recordings, printings, writing, pictures or other matter; weapons as defined in N.J.S.A. 2C:39-1r; or any live animals.

2C:39-1r

"Weapon" means anything readily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily injury. The term includes, but is not limited to, all (1) firearms, even though not loaded or lacking a clip or other component to render them immediately operable; (2) components which can be readily assembled into a weapon; (3) gravity knives, switchblade knives, daggers, dirks, stilettos, or other dangerous knives, billies, blackjacks, bludgeons, metal knuckles, sandclubs, slingshots, cesti or similar leather bands studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood; and (4) stun guns; and any weapon or other device which projects, releases, or emits tear gas or any other

substance intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or permanent injury through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air.

How does the NRA do it via auction then at the banquet each year?

Isn't there usually a firearms door prize as well?

Very interestng. I never heard of that statute before but this state never fails to surprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I may be understanding it wrong, but that prohibited prizes only apply to licensee's. You usually need to have a license to hold a raffle, but some organizations do not need one "when the entire net proceeds of such games of chance are to be devoted to educational, charitable, patriotic, religious or public-spirited uses."

Like I said though, I may be mistaken.

How does the NRA do it via auction then at the banquet each year?

Isn't there usually a firearms door prize as well?

Very interestng. I never heard of that statute before but this state never fails to surprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Friends of the NRA banquets don't actually deliver the firearm at the banquet and they have an auction, as opposed to a raffle or game of chance. That's how I got in trouble last one - just had to have a limited edition 1911 - cost me dearly.