Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

I think we all realize that Taylor Ham is Pork Roll.

We also realize that it is a traditional and recognized custom to refer to pork roll as Taylor Ham, one of the original major brand processors of this product, in north-central NJ and northward. It is equally understood and accepted practice to refer to this processed meat product as Pork Roll in all of southern NJ.

There is no clear border or demarcation line between these areas and there is obvious overlap in some counties and towns where it is referred to both ways.

However you want to refer to it, both being correct, it does make a delicious breakfast sandwich!

AVB-AMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRANDS:

Taylor Ham, Kleenex, Q-Tip, Tampex, Band-aid, Tums, Sharpie, Stanley Knife.

PRODUCTS:

Porkroll, facial tissue, cotton swab, sanitary napkin, bandage, antacid, felt-tip pen, box cutter.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

• Like 2

I think we all realize that Taylor Ham is Pork Roll.

We also realize that it is a traditional and recognized custom to refer to pork roll as Taylor Ham, one of the original major brand processors of this product, in north-central NJ and northward. It is equally understood and accepted practice to refer to this processed meat product as Pork Roll in all of southern NJ.

There is no clear border or demarcation line between these areas and there is obvious overlap in some counties and towns where it is referred to both ways.

However you want to refer to it, both being correct, it does make a delicious breakfast sandwich!

AVB-AMG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your rational argument and peaceful hippie talk has no place here!

• Like 1

BRANDS:

Taylor Ham, Kleenex, Q-Tip, Tampex, Band-aid, Tums, Sharpie, Stanley Knife.

PRODUCTS:

Porkroll, facial tissue, cotton swab, sanitary napkin, bandage, antacid, felt-tip pen, box cutter.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

None of the other products you mentioned were forced by the government to change their name due to not having enough of an item in it.

Stanley Knife wasn't told to change it to Stanley Moderately Sharp Spoon due to the lack of knifeness.

Even if your wife changes her name she still is part of her families lineage . She could also always change her name back

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

However my wife has not changed her name back and neither has Taylor. Argument settled until Taylor changes the name it is Pork Roll. If Taylor ever changes the name maybe the Bennys can call it Taylor Ham, but until that day comes it is Pork Roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well according to dunkin donuts, it's pork roll. You can even get a pork roll egg and cheese on a bagel there now. I wouldn't, but you could. 

I agree that it's pork roll, but citing Dunkin Donuts as a evidence why something should be called something is a bit off.  They also call the brown crap they serve coffee.

I agree that it's pork roll, but citing Dunkin Donuts as a evidence why something should be called something is a bit off.  They also call the brown crap they serve coffee.

Hey, I'm just stirring the shit. Lots of people like their coffee, I hate all coffee. *shrug*

As for DDs pork roll, it looks substandard in their promotional images. I'm scared what the real item will look like. How the hell do you cut corners on blendered extruded meat? 

Hey, I'm just stirring the shit. Lots of people like their coffee, I hate all coffee. *shrug*

As for DDs pork roll, it looks substandard in their promotional images. I'm scared what the real item will look like. How the hell do you cut corners on blendered extruded meat? 

Oh, I get it completely.  The only reason I made the comment was to piss off the people who like DD coffee.

Taylor Ham, bitches!Even Chris Christie knows that. And soon it will be the official Jersey state sandwich. Deal with it, whiners!

show me a package of Taylor ham. Not the old box but an actual new package from a store.

show me a package of Taylor ham. Not the old box but an actual new package from a store.

Boxes are packages, by definition.

I think we nailed your first request :yes:

That fact that they were made to change the label, does not change the product

Pork roll (regionally known as Taylor Ham)[1][2] is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New Jersey, Delaware and parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. It was developed in 1856[3] by John Taylor of Trenton, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham". Other producers entered the market, and subsequent food labeling regulations required Taylor to designate it as a "pork roll" alongside their competitors.

I realize that I am the token Texas redneck here, but after living in NJ for 16 years, I have never seen a package of Taylor Ham in the grocery store. I HAVE seen a lot of packages of Taylor Pork Roll.

Maybe someone can tell me where I can buy a box marked Taylor Ham, so I can try that too.