Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

23 minutes ago, T Bill said:

You haven't lived till you have tried Haggis.  Now that is a "pudding" extraordinaire.

Why not go tripe?

31 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I have a Polish friend that loves Blood Sausage I think it is called Kishka. Tried it once and it is nasty.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

With remixers tab. I'm seeing sumtin 

2 hours ago, capt14k said:

Good sausage uses pork and veal. Not like that greasy Italian Sausage. Who knows what goes in that crap.

I make several types of sausage. Deer, pork, chicken, and on occasion, seafood sausage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

I know of no one that fanatics over blood sausage 

You do now! I'm a huge fan especially of the Portuguese variety, gotta be made right though. Not anyone can make it good. It should not taste like iodine. 

Now spam and Vienna sausages are nasty. I'm not big on porkroll but at least I know what it's called. Sausages of all types are all good in my book. Bacon is king! Homemade bacon is king of kings!! Best I ever had was in the jungle of Belize near the border of Guatemala. 

I make several types of sausage. Deer, pork, chicken, and on occasion, seafood sausage. 

Venison and Crawfish sausage are both excellent as well. Alligator too. Any seafood I'm sure is. Chicken and Turkey not so good in my experience.

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Venison and Crawfish sausage are both excellent as well. Alligator too. Any seafood I'm sure is. Chicken and Turkey not so good in my experience.

The biggest problem with poultry sausages are dryness.  I use a ratio of 2-1 dark meat to white meat. The higher fat content of the dark meat keeps the sausage moist and juicy. 

I made a big batch of crawfish boudin last year, damn that was tasty!!!

The biggest problem with poultry sausages are dryness.  I use a ratio of 2-1 dark meat to white meat. The higher fat content of the dark meat keeps the sausage moist and juicy.  I made a big batch of crawfish boudin last year, damn that was tasty!!!

That makes sense. Also explains why I did like duck sausage. I love all Nawlins food. Boudin, Etouffee, Jambalaya, Gumbo, Po' Boys, and Beignets. It's a shame Dems ruined the city of New Orleans. Since they removed the statues of heroes I will never go back again. At least not until Liberals are ran out of office which I don't expect to happen in my lifetime.

I make a mean Seafood Gumbo and my wife makes a damn good Po' Boy. Beignets we haven't quite perfected.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I make my own sausage. I kinda like to have control of what goes into it...

I want to start curing my own bacon too. 

So you are concerned about what's in your sausage but you eat spam?!?! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That makes sense. Also explains why I did like duck sausage. I love all Nawlins food. Boudin, Etouffee, Jambalaya, Gumbo, Po' Boys, and Beignets. It's a shame Dems ruined the city of New Orleans. Since they removed the statues of heroes I will never go back again. At least not until Liberals are ran out of office which I don't expect to happen in my lifetime.

I make a mean Seafood Gumbo and my wife makes a damn good Po' Boy. Beignets we haven't quite perfected.

I also make a mean gumbo. I don't use okra, I make a roux gumbo. Love that deep, dark color and flavor. 

One of my favorite things in life is an oyster PO-boy. Damn....

Duck, don't get me started on duck. I love it. 

I also make a mean gumbo. I don't use okra, I make a roux gumbo. Love that deep, dark color and flavor. 
One of my favorite things in life is an oyster PO-boy. Damn....

Same here I make a dark peanut butter colored roux and I thicken with File. Takes me a couple hours to make the gumbo but it is worth it. I usually put about $200 worth of seafood in it. Not a big fan of Okra. It gets stringy when reheated. 50/50 Po' Boy Oysters and Shrimp.

• Like 1

Just now, capt14k said:

Same here I make a dark peanut butter colored roux and I thicken with File. Takes me a couple hours to make the gumbo but it is worth it. I usually put about $200 worth of seafood in it. Not a big fan of Okra. It gets stringy when reheated. 50/50 Po' Boy Oysters and Shrimp.

You're alright for a yankee!!! 

• Like 1

You're alright for a yankee!!! 

Thank You. I spent a couple years in the Carolinas and used to go to New Orleans twice a year. Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, and Sugar Bowl usually 2 out of the 3 each year.

So sorry I tuned into this... now I have a major craving for a Po' Boy or some Jambalaya! One of the best "foodie" vacations I ever had was in New Orleans. Literally, every meal was better than the last... and they were all good. Wonderful city. Great food, great antiques, great architecture, great music. Of course, that was pre-Katrina. They've had such hard times since. Not really sure how much they've bounced back...?

So sorry I tuned into this... now I have a major craving for a Po' Boy or some Jambalaya! One of the best "foodie" vacations I ever had was in New Orleans. Literally, every meal was better than the last... and they were all good. Wonderful city. Great food, great antiques, great architecture, great music. Of course, that was pre-Katrina. They've had such hard times since. Not really sure how much they've bounced back...?

New Orleans never recovered from Katrina. Lunatic Liberals just put the final nail in the coffin of the city by removing the statutes of Jefferson Davis, General P.G.T. Beauregard, and finally General Robert E. Lee. Calling them a pubic nuisance. The pubic nuisance is the Democrats in charge of the city and the criminals they support and who in turn support them. New Orleans Eulogy has been written.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Isabella's restaurant in Fords makes a killer Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I went to Belize for my Honeymoon. We stayed a week in the mountains near Guatemala and a week near the ocean. 

I fully support the endorsement of Belizian Bacon!! Amazing!

Where did you stay? I started in Negroman and took the river south to a large Lake following the border of mountain pine preserve. Then to Belmopan for a few days and finished off with 3 days on ambergris cay. 

I think about the bacon often lol. 

On 5/27/2017 at 2:04 PM, Purple Patrick said:

Went to the Taylor Ham festival today it was pretty awesome! Perfect weather, good food and good beer. f8d1d394f6571d2c74293c685944e87e.jpg5f0ba0f34a44e18be60ecb32c6a4ade2.jpgcd2598dfc046be659546a503ee5bd560.jpg0cf3e6701b15cf68514b63a2e67f8818.jpg92001c61f22aa98142ac3e9a4502f767.jpg01b4bc7a6ee456af4a873273b3aebbd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What the hell is that.... pork roll man?!?!?