Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

2 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Lol Peel, I'm not turning against anyone. I'm a simple country boy, and I just read what the package says...

Of course, you're a traveler from a distant land... how could you possibly have known the package is wrong? :D You are forgiven. Now, off to Taylor Ham Reeducation Camp with you!

• Like 1

Questions for the Benny's

I'm sorry, that includes you Mrs. Peel (so disappointed)

If I say "hand me a tissue" you say "gimme a kleenex"

If I say "could I have some mustard?" you say "fork over the frenches"

I say "I'm going to put on my pants, get in the car, and go to the store" taylor ham people say- "I'm going to slide on my Cavaricci's, jump in my Prius, and go to whole foods"

It doesn't make sense

Also, there is this: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2017/10/pork_roll_palooza_answers_jers.html

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'll go one step further - ALL FREEDOM-LOVING AMERICANS CALL IT TAYLOR HAM! :D

And almost everyone agrees with you...

lmao

8 minutes ago, Brisco said:

Questions for the Benny's

I'm sorry, that includes you Mrs. Peel (so disappointed)

If I say "hand me a tissue" you say "gimme a kleenex"

If I say "could I have some mustard?" you say "fork over the frenches"

I say "I'm going to put on my pants, get in the car, and go to the store" taylor ham people say- "I'm going to slide on my Cavaricci's, jump in my Prius, and go to whole foods"

It doesn't make sense

Also, there is this: http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2017/10/pork_roll_palooza_answers_jers.html

Nailed it!

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I only serve Taylor Ham in This Old House.

Where exactly do you buy this Taylor Ham?  Did it come with the house?  That must be it, you found a case of randy old packages of Taylor Ham in the basement.

4 hours ago, Brisco said:

Yanno, there just may be a correlation between that map and democrat voters too.

• Like 1

My god! I feel like a wee, innocent lamb... with the wolves circling for the kill. Suddenly, my logic, my politics, my loyalties, my innate credibility as a Jersey Girl... it's all being called into question! My, how quickly this crowd turns ugly!  :slap: 

Calling @Purple Patrick - where are you, dude? This is a pile-on. If you're bold enough to pronounce your Taylor Ham loyalty on your personalized plates, you are just the "big gun" I need at my side right now. HELP!!

:paladin:

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

I have made that very same association myself. Many times. It is very interesting to look at an overlay of a voting map and a Pork Roll vs. Taylor Ham map.

I think it may have something to do with the way they feel something should be instead of the way it actually is. 

59 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

My god! I feel like a wee, innocent lamb...

Peel, I grew up in a house with 8 women.  That trick, much like the Jedi mind trick, will not work on me.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think it may have something to do with the way they feel something should be instead of the way it actually is. 

Peel, I grew up in a house with 8 women.  That trick, much like the Jedi mind trick, will not work on me.

LMAO! Don't worry, buttercup... plenty more tricks where that came from. I always find something that works eventually.  :D

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

plenty more tricks where that came from. I always find something that works eventually.  :D

Unless you have a 5th of Jack Daniels (or Jim Beam), a funnel and the strength to pour it down my throat, I'm afraid you are at a disadvantage.

15 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Unless you have a 5th of Jack Daniels (or Jim Beam), a funnel and the strength to pour it down my throat, I'm afraid you are at a disadvantage.

Wow! Really throwing down the gauntlet there, Scorpio64. I admire your moxie, I'll give you that.

And yet, my intuition tells me your overconfidence will undoubtedly lead to your downfall. Victory is at hand... and it will be mine. ;)

43 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

Porkroll is better than bacon so naturally it has to be better than taylor ham. On the other hand, does it really matter? As long as its breakfast meat I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh it matters

@porkrolllivesmatter

• Like 2

Just more proof it is Pork Roll. Trenton Pork Roll is owned by Taylor. No where is there the word ham on any brand of Pork Roll. Hatfield has Pork Roll Sausage but no Ham.

34ec7c01ddb14c9d0060fba6c913b20f.jpg99f6c574e3a3e075fb2a33d245060f65.jpgf2e22d7a87ca4f9fb98108705a596a33.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As an American capitalist/entrepreneur, Mr. Taylor boldly lived the American Dream with the invention and commercial launch of his unparalleled Taylor Ham, produced at his plant in Trenton, NJ. (I direct your attention to Exhibit A (below): the original packaging which boldly and clearly professes "Taylor Ham" in large, cheerful yellow letters).

In a sad turn of events, Mr. Taylor's brand name was then stomped on, eradicated and, yes, I would argue, STOLEN by jack-booted government thugs under the guise of the then newly-formed Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906. Thus, for 50 years his product was produced, branded, marketed and widely known as "Taylor Ham". History! Members of the jury, please... shouldn't we respect our great New Jersey history? I would further argue that since its inception, the product was often copied, yet never duplicated with quite the same intoxicating mix of spicy, salty, smoky goodness. 

The fact that Mr. Taylor was cheated by a regrettable rise of American bureaucracy and growing tendency towards government overreach doesn't make it any less "Taylor Ham" to THIS born & raised Jersey Girl --- as it should be to all other knowledgeable, intelligent NJ residents. [See what I did there? I "pulled an AVB" on y'all! LOL.]

In closing, as the late, great Antonin Scalia so brilliantly promoted an originalist interpretation of the Constitution, so do I, appealing to your innate sense of fairness and tradition, promote an originalist interpretation of Mr. Taylor's initial branding concept. Please join me in righting this historic wrong! Let's join together, in a spirit of American goodwill, and enjoy a Taylor Ham, egg and cheese sandwich... TOGETHER! Thank you for your attention.

Exhibit A:

Taylor Ham.jpg

• Like 2