Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

59 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

If you are ‘correct’, Peel, then why does it say ‘pork roll’ right on the front of the package?

Maybe they spell ham different up here in Yankeeland....

Must we really rehash the facts... again? Poor Mr. Taylor was the victim of an overreaching U.S. government whose petty bureaucrats forced him to re-name his fine product to the incorrect/generic name of "pork roll" (as evidenced on the later packaging which you see above).

As an originalist (and a proud preservationist), I refer to the product by it's PROPER traditional name - as it was lovingly known by it's many fans back in the day: "Taylor Ham".

To refer to it by any other name is to embrace bureaucratic meddling! Who, but a frightened mouse, would do such a thing? Thus, Taylor Ham will forever live on... in this woman's heart... and the hearts of proud, clear-thinking Americans everywhere. :wub: 

We salute you, Mr. Taylor!

47 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

I started buying deli cut pork roll instead of the box at the super market. It’s life changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are showing your youth Shawn.  

Deli cut or cut from yourself roll was the only way I knew how to buy it until about 15 years ago.  

I never trusted the boxes!

• Like 1

I never knew there was anything else then the box. But I was in this really good sandwich shop/deli near me and say a sign that it was on sale. So I grabbed 1/2 a pound. I’ve tried it cut thin and thick.

I never knew there was anything else then the box. But I was in this really good sandwich shop/deli near me and say a sign that it was on sale. So I grabbed 1/2 a pound. I’ve tried it cut thin and thick.

Also deli cut pepperoni [emoji106]

Cut it into half inch cubes and cook them up slightly burnt. Add to whatever you want

You're welcome

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Years ago I worked near Clinton bagel company. Every Saturday I would get a porkroll, bacon, sausage, egg and cheese on a bagel. So good!

Now im hungry 

Love that! I call it “ breakfast heart attack “

8 hours ago, fishnut said:

You forgot the egg.......

This was a lunch sandwich.

7 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Add bacon!!!

I thought about it but wanted something quick and easy.

6 hours ago, Zeke said:

Love that! I call it “ breakfast heart attack “

I did butter the top and bottom of the bread :)