Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

32 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

image.png.5966bc8a4c9e0e137998f786fe8fcc77.png

Correct!

39 minutes ago, NJJim said:

I posted this before but I guess people can't believe their own eyes. I took this in in front of my place two years ago and it has not been altered!

TaylorPORK_ROLL.JPG

Note - it does not say “Ham” anywhere on there.

It says Taylor PORK ROLL

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

vUy1uFT.jpg

;) 

11 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:I'll go home where I have a 6# Taylor Pork Roll.

Yeeeeeaaaah Buddy!!!

Anyone that buys 6 lbs if Pork Roll - Case, Trenton, Taylor’s, whatever - is a person of taste and a damn fine American!

Anyone that gifts someone 6 lbs of Pork Roll is, as my buddy Drew says, “Bro as Fuck!”.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

My sentiments exactly:deadhorse:

It’s lighthearted. It’s fun. It’s harmless.

Newsflash: If you don't like the topic - you don’t have to follow this thread. That is what the “unfollow” button is for.

All you have to do is click it! Then you don’t have to follow a topic you don’t like, and those who enjoy the banter get to have some fun conversation without a party pooper shitting on the thread.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

It’s lighthearted. It’s fun. It’s harmless.

Newsflash: If you don't like the topic - you don’t have to follow this thread. That is what the “unfollow” button is for.

All you have to do is click it! Then you don’t have to follow a topic you don’t like, and those who enjoy the banter get to have some fun conversation without a party pooper shitting on the thread.

You misunderstand, I think this thread is hilarious!  Actually, I don't "follow" any threads.  Most of the time I'll read what's posted and never comment.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Not this shit again!.jpg

Jersey tradition.  Few outside of this area get it.  Maybe some around Philly.

True story, years ago I was in NYC and decided to stop at a famous deli.  Asked for a "pork roll, egg & cheese on a roll with SPK". They just stared at me like I was an alien and asked what "pork roll" was.  I tried explaining it.  They gave me something like Jimmy Dean sausage.  

Just a few miles away they have no idea.  People at work (in NYC] who are from the city or Connecticut have never had it.  One day a fellow Jerseyian brought in a bunch of pork roll, egg & cheese sandwiches.  Big hit.  Yuge! Big league!

I guess pork roll is the Jersey version of Souther grits? It unifies and divides at the same time.  But everyone from Jersey knows what it is.  It's our little secret!

On 1/1/2021 at 2:05 PM, Scorpio64 said:

Besides sammiches, what else have y'all used pork roll in?

I’m laughing that a yankee like you is using the phrase y’all. 

You’ll learn something yet, yankee!! 

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I’m laughing that a yankee like you is using the phrase y’all. 

Boy howdy, ya got me there Tex.  Bless your heart, Ya caught me wearing my ten gallon hat n' herding three cats.  Must be all the time I spend on the Marlin forum.  Those fellas are a bad influence.

• Haha 1