Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Boy howdy, ya got me there Tex.  Bless your heart, Ya caught me wearing my ten gallon hat n' herding three cats.  Must be all the time I spend on the Marlin forum.  Those fellas are a bad influence.

Why ain’t you precious!! 

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Why ain’t you precious!! 

I really wish I could be there after you return to Texas and are chewing the fat with your old pals, and whoops...  A little bit of Jerz slips out.  They may even tar and feather you. 

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

I really wish I could be there after you return to Texas and are chewing the fat with your old pals, and whoops...  A little bit of Jerz slips out.  They may even tar and feather you. 

I fear that too. We will find out today. 

Here are some useful reminders:

You = Y'All

Youse Guys = Y'All Y'All

The City = NYC, not Dallas

It's pronounced Caw-fee

Soda = Pop

D'Jeet =  have y'all eaten yet?

Jimmies = sprinkles

Tomato Pie = Pizza

What chew lookin' at = Good Morning

Pork Roll = ????

I'm sure there are many more. 

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I thought it was "All y'all"

Y'all can be used when addressing a specific individual, or a group.  An example of the singular. A Texas trooper pulls you over and you are alone in the car "How y'all doing today, sir.  Drivers license and registration please."  When greeting a group of friends or strangers, "Howdy y'all" is fairly common.

Hank Hill addresses a specific group of strangers.

All y'all is for specified or identified groups only, and is often used in relation to an action.  For example. "I'm gonna fuck all y'all" 

You’ll be happy to know @Scorpio64 Zeke and I made it to the ranch, no one shot, or ridiculed me (or him) for a ‘jersey-ism’. 

4 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Y'all can be used when addressing a specific individual, or a group.  An example of the singular. A Texas trooper pulls you over and you are alone in the car "How y'all doing today, sir.  Drivers license and registration please."  When greeting a group of friends or strangers, "Howdy y'all" is fairly common.

Hank Hill addresses a specific group of strangers.

All y'all is for specified or identified groups only, and is often used in relation to an action.  For example. "I'm gonna fuck all y'all" 

See! Y’all are getting it! Speaking Texan ain’t all that hard. Watch enough episodes of King of the Hill and it will come naturally. 

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Vintage Taylor Ad:

Showing a vintage ad from the time period AFTER the government forced poor Mr. Taylor to change his product name from the original "TAYLOR Chopped HAM" (lovingly known as Taylor Ham) to the cheap government-enforced label of "Pork Roll"... is, frankly, 1) irrelevant, 2) historically misleading "fake news", and 3) blatant, provocative rabble-rousing of the worst kind.  

I pick up your thrown down gauntlet, sir, and slap you soundly across the face with it. Harrumph! 

>>> For all who embrace freedom and mightily resist being crushed under the weight of Big Brother... it will obviously forever and always be: TAYLOR HAM!!!

• FacePalm 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Showing a vintage ad from the time period AFTER the government forced poor Mr. Taylor to change his product name

Taylor Ham was false advertising and hardly ham at all, the name was changed in 1906.  That was 115 years ago. 

Esso is Exxon, Persia is Iran and the Taylor's Provisions product formerly known as prepared ham is now....  Go ahead, say it, say it out loud.

Peel, it's time to let it go.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Showing a vintage ad from the time period AFTER the government forced poor Mr. Taylor to change his product name from the original "TAYLOR Chopped HAM" (lovingly known as Taylor Ham) to the cheap government-enforced label of "Pork Roll"... is, frankly, 1) irrelevant, 2) historically misleading "fake news", and 3) blatant, provocative rabble-rousing of the worst kind.  

I pick up your thrown down gauntlet, sir, and slap you soundly across the face with it. Harrumph! 

>>> For all who embrace freedom and mightily resist being crushed under the weight of Big Brother... it will obviously forever and always be: TAYLOR HAM!!!

I’m going to create a meal made completely out of meat. Then I will call it “H.E.’s Delicious Vegan Dish”. The FDA will say - and rightly so - “Wait a minute, that’s not vegan. There are rules as to what you can and not call vegan. You must change the name.”

So I then have to change the name to reflect the proper contents of my meal.

Would you still call it “H.E.’s Delicious Vegan Dish”?

Or would you call It by it’s new and proper name as advertised by the company?

This isn’t rocket surgery. Words have meaning - everyone knows what ham is - what it looks and tastes like - and Pork Roll is certainly not ham. Just like pork chops, Bacon, or pigs feet are not ham.

Of I order Bacon and get ham, I’ll be pissed off. If I order ham and get Bacon, I’ll be less pissed off, but it’s still not what I wanted. Same same. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

There is a candidate for the Manhattan City Council who would really like to meet you!

City Council Candidate caught with dominatrix in leaked video

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Oh, sure... now your little buds are jumping on the bandwagon to support you... Figures! You guys always stick together. :facepalm:

Doesn't matter, HE. It's still delicious Taylor Ham. Stop fighting it! Give in. Give up. 

So sad for you, Peel. Let the delusions of ham go. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Oh, sure... now your little buds are jumping on the bandwagon to support you... Figures! You guys always stick together. :facepalm:

Doesn't matter, HE. It's still delicious Taylor Ham. Stop fighting it! Give in. Give up. 

For someone who always comes across as intelligent, thoughtful, and considerate. Maybe even good looking. I thought we might have a future together---- But this crazy Taylor ham thing!!!! Please let me know when you get some therapy and finally admit it's PORK ROLL. Looking forward to meeting you once you fix yourself. 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, Tunaman said:

I grew up in Pt Pleasant.  I'm 62 years old.  In my house my mother always fed us Taylor ham.  That is what it will be called by me forever regardless of what anyone says. I'm with you Mrs Peel.;)

giphy.gif

• FacePalm 1