Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

Your Honor, for the representation of Pork Roll in the matter of Pork Roll v Taylor Ham, I’d like to present exhibit 10,473 into evidence.

As you can clearly see from this image of an advertisement at a baseball stadium, Taylor is merely a brand name, and the product is called Pork Roll. Once again, nowhere is the word “ham” used or implied.

pKffI7U.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Your Honor, for the representation of Pork Roll in the matter of Pork Roll v Taylor Ham, I’d like to present exhibit 10,473 into evidence.

As you can clearly see from this image of an advertisement at a baseball stadium, Taylor is merely a brand name, and the product is called Pork Roll. Once again, nowhere is the word “ham” used or implied.

pKffI7U.jpg

I rule in favor of….Pork Roll. 

Case closed. 

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

On 5/28/2022 at 8:44 PM, Displaced Texan said:

I rule in favor of….Pork Roll. 

Case closed. 

Not so fast Cowboy, Request a stay and would like to admit New evidence that came to light. Advertisement states The original and only Taylor ham. Let the debate continue.

IMG_1926.PNG

• FacePalm 1

33 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Not so fast Cowboy, Request a stay and would like to admit New evidence that came to light. Advertisement states The original and only Taylor ham. Let the debate continue.

IMG_1926.PNG

Motion denied. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

IMG_1926.PNG

That's just the slogan... doesn't mean it's the actual product name.  It says the product name right there is "Taylor Pork Roll".  They acknowledge the name used to be Ham but they had to change it.  

You don't call products by their original names once they changed... otherwise 7UP would still be Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda, Nissans aren't called Datsuns.  Visa's not still called BankAmericard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

That's just the slogan... doesn't mean it's the actual product name.  It says the product name right there is "Taylor Pork Roll".  They acknowledge the name used to be Ham but they had to change it.  

You don't call products by their original names once they changed... otherwise 7UP would still be Bib-Label Lithiated Lemon-Lime Soda, Nissans aren't called Datsuns.  Visa's not still called BankAmericard.

MIC = Dropped.   

• Like 1

This is a funny post...who says "Taylor Ham"?! is that like canadian bacon? CTFU ..never even heard of a pork roll till I moved to South Jersey, and they love it out here w/ that slushy high fructose corn syrup drink aka BOOST lol. I'm originally from NY where the BACON egg & cheese on seeded kaiser roll reigns supreme. :D

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Keep your bacon out of this,

Aww, dont be an anti baconite bro.  Come on man....., we are an inclusive community, accepting of all kinds of weird people these days, it seems.  They can't help how they were born.

I do not support, but will be tolerant of their lifestyle choices to the degree the law requires.  So long as they don't try and put their bacon on my PEC.

https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--YqVTr-op--/t_Resized%20Artwork/c_crop,x_10,y_10/c_fit,w_470/c_crop,g_north_west,h_626,w_470,x_0,y_0/g_north_west,u_upload:v1462829015:production:blanks:mtl53ofohwq5goqjo9ke,x_-395,y_-325/b_rgb:eeeeee/c_limit,f_auto,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1546702828/production/designs/3894314_0.jpg

And JohnnyB with that Scrapple, whoa.  Not judging here, but, woah.

• Haha 2