Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

Pork Roll!! What do you call it when it's made by Case or Hatfield or Loeffler's??? They all call it, "PORK ROLL". My cousin went to school with one of the Case girls and when I was at Coleman Olds in the 70's we sold lots of cars to Taylor Provisions. They were always mentioned as "Taylor Pork Roll's cars". I guess if it's made by Taylor you can call it Taylor Ham. Otherwise it's PORK ROLL! I have been eating it as long as I can remember and always preferred Case's as it had a little more flavoring. These days I get PORK ROLL from Cartlidge Meats in the Trenton, Farmers Market.

I don't understand the Northern NJ reference.....When I moved across the river to Jersey City we would bowl on RT 440 and a little place further down would serve the best belly buster with Pork roll and I knew it as that every since.

Never had it but looks delicious. May try it tomorrow morning.

Are you serious? You live in jersey and have never had TAYLOR HAM??? I don't even know you and in glad I don't

Lol just playing but really wtf go eat some "pork" product!

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

You bicycle seat panty sniffers really know how to take good food and turn it into a rally. Iz guuud! Das All! :facepalm:

Hey waitress, give me one of demem thar watchya makallit sammiches... And don't hold back da greaze!;)

Are you serious? You live in jersey and have never had TAYLOR HAM PORK ROLL??? I don't even know you and in glad I don't

Lol just playing but really wtf go eat some "pork" product!

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Fixed it for you!