Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

taylor ham.

Every year I send a friend/client in Minnesota 2 whole hams for his birthday. Now all his friends are clamoring for it. It's their ice fishing breakfast staple.

Growing up in Lodi and a landscaper, lawns would be 2 feet high if it wasn't for taylor ham-Egg-Cheese SPK.

Also, anyone try ordering a buttered roll at a deli outside of this area? We are culinarily unique.

Buttered roll?? Who doesn't serve buttered rolls???

P O R K   R O L L

AGAIN: Taylor Ham is to Pork Roll, as Band-Aid is to Bandage, as Kleenex is to Tissue, as Q-Tip is to Cotton Swab. Pork Roll is a product of which Taylor Ham is a brand of that product. Other makers of Pork Roll are Case Pork Roll Co, Loeffler's Gourmet, Hatfield Quality Meats, and Alderfer Premium Meats. D'oh

13360043-mmmain.jpg

Buttered roll?? Who doesn't serve buttered rolls???

Pretty much no one outside NJ/NY. It's sort of a sport for me. Wherever I go I ask for a buttered roll. The looks I get. I learned this in NH some years ago. They looked at me like I asked for broiled rat. I asked if they had a roll, yes, and butter, also yes. The combination was beyond comprehension.

It's Taylor Ham, jersey Bitches. Not Pork Roll.

And your Jedi Mind Tricks don't work on me.

Exactly...just because they can't legally call it ham doesn't change the name one bit!

Taylor Ham? WTF? Only BENNYs, transplants from NYC, and democrats call

It 'Taylor Ham'.

It is called 'Pork Roll' and it is verifiable proof that there is a God and he is good.

Amen to that brutha. Pork roll and cheese sandwiches off the roach coach workin' for AP Orleans.

I really dont get what you people dont understand. Pork roll. The. One company is called taylor ham. Thats their name. The other company is cases. They call it pork roll. Is this so difficult to comprehend. Why cant you just admit. You are wrong. Why why why. You have issues if you cant. Once again. Close this thread. Finalized. It is. Pork. Roll. Arghhhh

Also. Yes. Ketchup belongs on hot dog if you are ten years old or less. Other than that its mustard. Frenches yellow. Oh boy here we go again.

Yep! if mommy still cuts your hot dog up for you into small bite sized pieces, regardless of age then you can put ketchup on it.

For all the adults its mustard! Also acceptable: Relish, sauerkraut, the red onion sauce, raw minced onion, processed cheese food with Chili.***Warning***: all the above condiments require a bottle of Zantac, Pepto, or Tums/Rollaids once you reach the age of 30 years or above.

Yep! if mommy still cuts your hot dog up for you into small bite sized pieces, regardless of age then you can put ketchup on it.

For all the adults its mustard! Also acceptable: Relish, sauerkraut, the red onion sauce, raw minced onion, processed cheese food with Chili.***Warning***: all the above condiments require a bottle of Zantac, Pepto, or Tums/Rollaids once you reach the age of 30 years or above.

Mommy doesn't cut my wiener up but I despise mustard so I like catsup.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Allright the owner of Cases p o r k r o l l is part of a fraternity i belong to. When i see him. I will personally ask him and that will settle it. You know im right thats why you are replacing p o r k r o l l for taylor ham everytime i write p o r k r o l l

Cases is some bootleg commie knockoff crap and therefore his opinion is not valid.