Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

I'm sure this has been said already, Taylor ham is New Jersey. Pork roll is every where else. Every coast state has a beach, except NJ. We have the shore. Every one has a buttered roll. except NJ. we have a roll with butter. It's a Jersey thing. Like the 10 round mag.

I'm sure this has been said already, Taylor ham is New Jersey. Pork roll is every where else. Every coast state has a beach, except NJ. We have the shore. Every one has a buttered roll. except NJ. we have a roll with butter. It's a Jersey thing. Like the 10 round mag.

Pork Roll is New Jersey. taylor ham is southern New York.

• Like 1

Pk90. Agreed. But i really give up on this topic. Ignorance is bliss. This will be my last last reply on this topic. Its like trying to tell guns dont kill people topic arguing with an anti. It gets you no where. No matter how many times you state the facts they just dont want to hear it So all you taylor ham people go to hell.

Taylor Ham is the manufacturer. Pork Roll is the product.

Taylor ham is NOT the manufacturer. Taylor is. The product used to be called Taylor's ham. Competitors and the man thought that was deceptive, so it is now pork roll like the other guys.

I grew up using the two terms interchangeably, but stopped due to the fact asking for a Taylor ham sandwich of various sorts got me Canadian bacon instead. Pork roll gets me what I want so pork roll it is.

Taylor gang for life... yo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also wrong...unless it's your last name...or first name.  Then it's probably a cool gang....but.

Again: It's Pork Roll... those of you that call it Taylor Ham are simply wrong.

I may be the odd man out but I like the Shop-Rite brand myself.

Here in WNC you can get Taylor's Ham. We went into a Bagel joint once who claims to be famous NY/NJ style. My daughter ordered a pork roll, egg and cheese on a bagel. I mean her tongue was watering.
When it arrived it had a funny taste to it. We unwrapped the sandwich and the PR was funny looking so we asked the woman behind the counter how they cooked it, THEY MICROWAVED it. LOL I explained they had to fry it and we were told that's not how it's done in Jersey. Never did return their. The bagel was uneatable.