Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

Great way to get ready for that late morning coronary.  Too much salt, too much fat, great serving of cholesterol, a few nitrites. and a few carbs for good measure.

"My health insurance carrier, Obamacare of course!"  

"No, by the way, what does 'DNR', mean?"

"He gone!"

go vote, todays the last day put this thing to rest all ready. its pork roll, even i know that and grew up in landing and upper montclair.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/05/taylor_ham_vs_pork_roll_lets_settle_this_nj_intera.html

Silly Bennys are still at this? It's Pork Roll. Taylor Ham doesn't even make sense. That's like saying that Taylor invented it. Pork Roll has been around before Taylor Ham brand Pork Roll even existed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Depends where you are:

Civilization = Taylor Ham

Bumblefuck = Pork Roll

Although Bumblefuck is rapidly getting gentrified by those who cannot afford Civilization. Soon Bumblefuck will be calling it Taylor Ham ;)

• Like 1

Silly Bennys are still at this? It's Pork Roll. Taylor Ham doesn't even make sense. That's like saying that Taylor invented it. Pork Roll has been around before Taylor Ham brand Pork Roll even existed.

No.

Pork roll (regionally known as Taylor Ham)[1][2] is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New JerseyDelaware and parts of Pennsylvania andMaryland. It was developed in 1856[3] by John Taylor of Trenton, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham". Other producers entered the market, and subsequent food labeling regulations required Taylor to designate it as a "pork roll" alongside their competitors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

No.

Pork roll (regionally known as Taylor Ham)[1][2] is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New Jersey, Delaware and parts of Pennsylvania andMaryland. It was developed in 1856[3] by John Taylor of Trenton, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham". Other producers entered the market, and subsequent food labeling regulations required Taylor to designate it as a "pork roll" alongside their competitors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

Yes because everything on Wikipedia is true. Do you know how wikipedia works? Last I checked Wikipedia said Lee Corso played high school football at South Amboy High School in NJ. Too bad there is no South Amboy High School it was called Hoffman High and he played in Florida.

Yes because everything on Wikipedia is true. Do you know how wikipedia works? Last I checked Wikipedia said Lee Corso played high school football at South Amboy High School in NJ. Too bad there is no South Amboy High School it was called Hoffman High and he played in Florida.

Yes, I know how it works. 

Do you have evidence to refute the info on Wikipedia?

So if Taylor calls it pork roll, the FDA says it is pork roll, how can anyone argue it is Taylor Ham?

Also I believe Taylor was the first to market pork roll not to invent it. I will find that proof later.

Someone did fix Corso article. It's Pork Roll according to Taylor

http://jerseyporkroll.com/about/

That also basically says that Taylor's was the original.

It also tells me that it is most definitely Taylor Ham! They changed the name because the government changed the definition of "ham". To that I say F the government, it's Taylor Ham!!!

That also basically says that Taylor's was the original.

It also tells me that it is most definitely Taylor Ham! They changed the name because the government changed the definition of "ham". To that I say F the government, it's Taylor Ham!!!

One if they changed the name it is pork roll. When my wife changed her last name to mine her license no longer has her maiden name it has mine and she is known by my last name and called it.

Also I have read before it was invented by Amish not Taylor. I will find the proof later.