Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

That's how it should look d50105aaa1dd640f9f0a6ee384e992f6.jpg

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

Silly Benny. You are eating pork roll all wrong. That looks like a professor potato roll. You need to get hard rolls.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Silly Benny. You are eating pork roll all wrong. That looks like a professor potato roll. You need to get hard rolls.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Everything was scrounge from my work kitchen besides the Taylor ham

Please post a picture of the package from which that pork roll was taken.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk.

Hear hear!

14c9d44c85a16ce42697310ff8b65754.jpg

It clearly says ham. I bought it from a mountain lion at a dildo shop

• Like 4

If you ask for a Taylor Ham, egg and cheese and are told they don't carry the brand "Taylor" but have pork roll do you still order there?

If you order a "Taylor Ham", egg and cheese and ask to see the packaging and it doesn't say "Taylor Ham" can you sue for being misled or false advertising?

"Taylor Ham" no longer exists. It could be debated that "Taylor Ham" never existed as it never contained enough ham in it to fit the definition of "ham". You should be refering to it as "Taylor Pork Roll" if you want Taylor branded pork roll and THAT would be correct.

If you eat something from a package labeled "Taylor Ham" you are probably going to die as it passed it's pershihable date decades ago.

Hapoy 2017 everyone! Enjoy your delicious breakfast sandwiches no matter what you call them!

• Like 1

New year same wrong people. Taylor ham gang for life

If you call it Taylor Ham you are old, old, OLD school. Name was changed from Taylor Ham to Taylor Pork Roll in 1906. 1906! Get in with the times you "Taylor Ham" holdouts! Lol.

Source:

http://jerseyporkroll.com/about/

"What is the difference between Taylor Ham and Taylor Pork Roll? The proper name according to the manufacturer, Taylor Provisions of Trenton NJ, is John Taylor’s “Original Taylor Pork Roll.” It was originally called “Taylor Ham” and although the name was changed in 1906 many of us in North Jersey still call it simply, “Taylor Ham.” Think of it as Kleenex is to tissues, Taylor Ham is to Pork Roll."

Amish!

20 + years ago my family did a 4-5 pig butcher with some well worn and experienced large family.

Took me 20 years to eat scrapple after I help make it.

Try working in a slaughterhouse in Lancaster County...  I am not the same anymore.

Amish!

20 + years ago my family did a 4-5 pig butcher with some well worn and experienced large family.

Took me 20 years to eat scrapple after I help make it.

I have an Amish market less than 5 miles from my house, while their scrapple is good, it's not better that the stuff I get in Delaware. Packaged stuff not homemade and it's still better than anything I have had in NJ. I know what's in scrapple and I've butchered quite a few animals, That stuff dosent bother me in the least. I don't eat with my eyes as long as it tastes good it's game on.