Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

362 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

32 minutes ago, Bighungry618 said:

image.png.5966bc8a4c9e0e137998f786fe8fcc77.png

Correct!

39 minutes ago, NJJim said:

I posted this before but I guess people can't believe their own eyes. I took this in in front of my place two years ago and it has not been altered!

TaylorPORK_ROLL.JPG

Note - it does not say “Ham” anywhere on there.

It says Taylor PORK ROLL

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

vUy1uFT.jpg

;) 

11 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:I'll go home where I have a 6# Taylor Pork Roll.

Yeeeeeaaaah Buddy!!!

Anyone that buys 6 lbs if Pork Roll - Case, Trenton, Taylor’s, whatever - is a person of taste and a damn fine American!

Anyone that gifts someone 6 lbs of Pork Roll is, as my buddy Drew says, “Bro as Fuck!”.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

My sentiments exactly:deadhorse:

It’s lighthearted. It’s fun. It’s harmless.

Newsflash: If you don't like the topic - you don’t have to follow this thread. That is what the “unfollow” button is for.

All you have to do is click it! Then you don’t have to follow a topic you don’t like, and those who enjoy the banter get to have some fun conversation without a party pooper shitting on the thread.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

It’s lighthearted. It’s fun. It’s harmless.

Newsflash: If you don't like the topic - you don’t have to follow this thread. That is what the “unfollow” button is for.

All you have to do is click it! Then you don’t have to follow a topic you don’t like, and those who enjoy the banter get to have some fun conversation without a party pooper shitting on the thread.

You misunderstand, I think this thread is hilarious!  Actually, I don't "follow" any threads.  Most of the time I'll read what's posted and never comment.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JT Custom Guns said:

Not this shit again!.jpg

Jersey tradition.  Few outside of this area get it.  Maybe some around Philly.

True story, years ago I was in NYC and decided to stop at a famous deli.  Asked for a "pork roll, egg & cheese on a roll with SPK". They just stared at me like I was an alien and asked what "pork roll" was.  I tried explaining it.  They gave me something like Jimmy Dean sausage.  

Just a few miles away they have no idea.  People at work (in NYC] who are from the city or Connecticut have never had it.  One day a fellow Jerseyian brought in a bunch of pork roll, egg & cheese sandwiches.  Big hit.  Yuge! Big league!

I guess pork roll is the Jersey version of Souther grits? It unifies and divides at the same time.  But everyone from Jersey knows what it is.  It's our little secret!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• NJ Gun Forums Web Banner Dec 2020.jpg

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• When our Mad Hatter of a governor was asked about the Constitutionality of his Covid-19 lock down orders, he famously replied, "The Constitution is above my pay grade." But, is it? What would that mean?   If the Constitution is above the governor's pay grade, it's certainly above the pay grade of the legislature. Does this mean that Constitutional limits no longer apply to the assembly? Can they just pass whatever they want and pass it to the governor? First Amendment freedoms? Can they attack them the way they have the Second Amendment? Can the state police and, I guess, local police, now search our homes without warrants or permission? Can we be jailed without trial? Is due process over in the State of New Jersey?   I don't think that this is what he meant. I strongly expect that the governor wants the police to continue to respect civil rights. He doesn't want us gunned down at traffic stops and he will continue to arrest and prosecute those officers who violate our rights.   No, he doesn't believe that the Constitution is above his pay grade.   He believes that the United States Constitution is BELOW his pay grade. The Constitution and it's restrictions on government power are beneath him. He rides a top a government that can get away with anything that we can't stop them from doing.   Killing businesses and jobs by shutting them down, effectively locking their doors, for over a year? We aren't quite there yet but the anniversary is fast approaching. Destroying our children's educational development by forcing them to be isolated from their friends, teachers and the schools that we pay so much to support? He doesn't need the legislature to do this. He just relies on "emergency powers".   Freedom of religion and assembly? He shuts down churches, forbidding public worship while allowing liquor stores to remain open to feed our less then celestial needs. A gym wants to remain open? People want to make their own choice to visit for life saving exercise? He dispatches the local police force to threaten them. He changed the locks on their doors, turns off their water service and send the health department in an attempt to shutter their door because they no running water. When they stood their ground, he siezed their bank account. These are the powers of a king, unrestrained. Not the powers of a state or regional governor in a constitutional republic. This is not where we live.   Unfortunately, the legislature refused to pull the reins. They don't want to take responsibility. The emergency powers laws that they passed were designed to allow the governor to adjust to fast moving, short emergencies. Not for him to exercise full power over the government for extended periods of time. The legislature did not intend for the governor to have these powers for a year or more. If that were the case, the legislature could have disbanded.   Fortunately, this November, our erstwhile king and his motely court in Trenton need to stand before the people and see if they will continue his reign or if the people will wrestle control back from the royals.   We need to send a clear message. If you are a Democrat and there is a primary challenger, cast your vote for the challenger. In the general election, we must all rally behind a challenger who can win. Not the Green Party or the Libertarian or even the brand new bursting at the seems Patriot Party candidate. Someone who can win. We need to send Murphy and his enablers packing in November. No excuses, no ifs, no ands, no buts.
    • Things like have happened you know.      Ship it home?
    • I’m only allowed one a month, I need something to do in between.  
    • Another question I thought of, would I have any issues bringing my pistol BACK into NJ? I'm not coming from a range, a gun shop or gunsmith. I'm not attending a competition or an event. Would I have any potential issues?  It's quite sad, honestly that I have to worry so much about wanting to ensure the safety of my family while traveling. 
    • Buy rifles. Concealed carry isn't allowed in N.J. anyway.