Jump to content
Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

  

366 members have voted

  1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

    • Pork roll
      200
    • Taylor ham
      166


Recommended Posts

Whoa! Somebody's tighty whiteys are giving them a wedgie! But seriously here, what started as Taylor ham was changed to Taylor PORK ROLL by Taylor himself, so why does this thread even continue? Case (Pork roll) closed.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bikerguyforlife said:

you could be outside recruiting men posting adds to fight your crummy gun laws...instead you sit on your ass posting this...and you wonder why your gun laws suck...

I don't dismiss your point, I really don't. There's always reason to promote activism/action. But, I would like to counter your post with this:

  • People are allowed to enjoy themselves 
  • The General Discussion forum is for non-gun topics anyway, and
  • None of us should assume what another poster does (or doesn't do) with regards to 2A - it's actually possible to do more than one thing 
  • It's good to be civil - you get more with honey than vinegar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bikerguyforlife said:

you could be outside recruiting men posting adds to fight your crummy gun laws...

So could you, yet, here you are, on a high horse.  Put the bottle away and sleep it off.  Grumpy!!!

This thread serves a very important purpose.  We, the right thinking people that recognize Taylor Pork Roll for what it is, are here to fight the anarchists who insist on clinging to a 115 year old falsehood.  If we let these wingnuts have their way, anarchy will break out.  Do you want anarchy!?!?  Well, do you!?   That's what I thought.  So, you see, we actually are doing very important work here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sniper said:

I'll get this back on track..

What wifey made for lunch: Taylor Pork Roll Ham, Egg and Cheese.

Don't I have her trained well?  :thankyou:

 

PTHEC.jpg

Bread?  If she were trained well, she'd have gotten you a Kaiser roll!

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, NJmenweakcucks said:

........................................................


Ha! Oh my god, his new screen name is amazing.

He joined in July of 2017. Hasn’t posted since August of 2017 and he jumps in this thread just to post this.

I mean he hasn’t posted anything on the forum in 4 years….. so, with all that time spent not sitting on his ass, he has to gone outside and recruited, like what? At least 100 men to fight our crummy gun laws. Maybe 150 men?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Incorrect.

Hard roll, English muffin, bagel, etc… it all makes a difference. 

So, you make the decision on what type of sandwich to have based on the bread, and not what's inside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sniper said:

So, you make the decision on what type of sandwich to have based on the bread, and not what's inside?

Wait. Is that what I said? I don’t think so.

Well, damnit, now you’re making me doubt myself….   Lemme check, BRB…..

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, I’m back.

So I just went back and read the words I actually typed and I think you’re gonna be shocked. I mean, you’re just really not going to believe this, but I did not say that I decide what kind of sandwich I have based on the bread.  No-sir-eee Bob. In fact, that’s actually not even close to what I actually said.

If you read the actual words I used, in the order I actually used them, you would see that what I actually said was your notion that bread is “just a filler” is incorrect.

A PREC on rye bread, tastes completely different than a PREC on a hard roll, tastes completely different than a PREC on potato bread, tastes completely different than a PREC on an English muffin, tastes completely different than a PREC on an everything bagel.
 

The “bread” is more than just a “filler”. It is an integral part of the sandwich and changes the taste and texture of the entire thing altering the entire PREC experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Wait. Is that what I said? I don’t think so.

Well, damnit, now you’re making me doubt myself….   Lemme check, BRB…..

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, I’m back.

So I just went back and read the words I actually typed and I think you’re gonna be shocked. I mean, you’re just really not going to believe this, but I did not say that I decide what kind of sandwich I have based on the bread.  No-sir-eee Bob. In fact, that’s actually not even close to what I actually said.

If you read the actual words I used, in the order I actually used them, you would see that what I actually said was your notion that bread is “just a filler” is incorrect.

A PREC on rye bread, tastes completely different than a PREC on a hard roll, tastes completely different than a PREC on potato bread, tastes completely different than a PREC on an English muffin, tastes completely different than a PREC on an everything bagel.
 

The “bread” is more than just a “filler”. It is an integral part of the sandwich and changes the taste and texture of the entire thing altering the entire PREC experience.

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Taylor was born in Hamilton Square, New Jersey on October 6, 1836. Taylor formed the Taylor Provisions Company in 1888 and created Taylor Pork Roll. The product was originally called Taylor's Prepared Ham, but Taylor was forced to change the name after the product failed to meet the new guidelines as to the definition of "ham" established by the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906. He also founded the Taylor Opera House in Trenton, New Jersey and served in the New Jersey Senate. Taylor passed away on February 10, 1909 and is buried in Riverview Cemetery in Trenton, New Jersey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand the ‘hold outs’ who insist on calling Taylor Pork Roll…’Taylor Ham’. 
 

Since 1906, as @CMJeepster aptly pointed out in his post above, it’s been called Taylor Pork Roll.
If you were born before 1906, I could probably understand one ‘holding on’ to the (incorrect) name of ‘Taylor Ham’. 
But, you weren’t….were you @Mrs. Peel. You are NOT 115 years old.

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2
  • FacePalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally found a deli down here - which isn't really a thing here- that offers The Sandwich. They call it a "Jersey" and depending how you title it will point you to some fellow seated customers who are/ were from NJ - which is a thing down here- and will be from either North or South lol. After the first sandwich I had to make a few adjustments, eggs over easy vs scrambled and the poor substitute for the hard roll had to be toasted. Can't get those big hard rolls which sucks but but still tasty and the price is right. Long live THEC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

While I’m not really a fan of Pork Roll myself, Mrs Tex eats it from time to time. I’m gonna have to see if the local grocery stores in Texas carry it. 
 

Somehow, I doubt it. 

Mail Order

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t understand the ‘hold outs’ who insist on calling Taylor Pork Roll…’Taylor Ham’. 

They are of the same ilk as the "South shall rise again" crowd.  Living in the past.  In fact, I'm pretty sure calling it Taylor Ham is racist.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...