Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

I have been thinking about this a lot the past few days, because I care more about this than many other things.

If I am making a list for the grocery store, I write "pork roll."

If I am ordering a sandwich, I will order "Taylor Ham and Cheese on a hardroll" at the diner (even if I'm pretty sure they are using Case's or some other brand in the kitchen).

It's contextual, not regional...

It's called a good sammich. So call it what you want. Cuz when you order it, they know it as Taylor Ham and Eggs because this is New Joisey! No explanation needed. ;)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

My family owns a bagel store and we call it Pork Roll, you call it taylor ham and you get shown the door.

What does a bagel jockey know about Taylor Ham.  You should put a sign on the counter that says if you like good bagels then we'll show you the door

Every good bagel place is run by Jews and they might have great cold cuts, the best cream cheese, and lox.

When I was a kid, my mom used to give me Taylor ham and cheese sandwiches with mustard. They were my favorite cold lunch at school.

I was in Woodbridge deli and it came up that I are cold Taylor ham/pork roll. The girl at the register reacted as if I said I drank the fresh blood of puppies and kittens for lunch.

Anyone else eat it cold too?

When I was a kid, my mom used to give me Taylor ham and cheese sandwiches with mustard. They were my favorite cold lunch at school.

I was in Woodbridge deli and it came up that I are cold Taylor ham/pork roll. The girl at the register reacted as if I said I drank the fresh blood of puppies and kittens for lunch.

I eat cold Taylor ham all the time, a little ketchup on a kaiser roll...don't get much better than that!

conspiracy-keanu.jpg?1321901003

There you have it.

I don't see no Taylor Ham scented candles at Yankee Candle

You're really going to credit Yankee candle as a definitive source.

No.

They make scents up.

Therefor the pork roll is a fabrication.

Team TH over and out.