Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

Using that article as inspiration, I asked ChatGPT to give me convincing reasons why Pork Roll is the correct name vs. Taylor Ham. Here are the results:

“Here are some points you can make to convince people that "Pork Roll" is the proper term:
    1    Official name: The product is officially called "Pork Roll" by the manufacturer, Taylor Provisions. The term "Taylor Ham" was initially used as a marketing term by the same company, but the name was changed to "Pork Roll" in the 1950s.
    2    Regional usage: "Pork Roll" is the more common term used in the southern part of New Jersey, where the product was invented. "Taylor Ham" is more commonly used in the northern part of the state. As a result, using "Pork Roll" is more in line with the original and traditional usage of the term.
    3    Clarity: "Pork Roll" is a more descriptive term than "Taylor Ham" because it accurately reflects the ingredients and the production process of the product. "Taylor Ham" is a brand name that does not convey much information about the food itself.
    4    Brand neutrality: Using "Pork Roll" is a more neutral way to refer to the food because it does not promote any specific brand. "Taylor Ham" is a proprietary name and using it can be seen as endorsing that brand.
In summary, while both "Pork Roll" and "Taylor Ham" are used to describe the same food product, "Pork Roll" is the more traditional, descriptive, and neutral term to use.”

• FacePalm 1

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

@Mrs. Peel and I will never agree!

Well, I believe we can agree... to disagree. Of course, once that happens, subsequently we shall immediately move to opposite corners of the room where we will continue to eye each other suspiciously. Because that's the way it has always been, and that's the way it will always be, between Pork Rollers and Taylor Hammers. It is what it is.

Let the battle rage on....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, I believe we can agree... to disagree. Of course, once that happens, subsequently we shall immediately move to opposite corners of the room where we will continue to eye each other suspiciously. Because that's the way it has always been, and that's the way it will always be, between Pork Rollers and Taylor Hammers. It is what it is.

But what about the ‘boned rolled piggers’? 

Will both sides give them the evil eye, or will the Taylor Hammers side with them? 

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

But what about the ‘boned rolled piggers’? 

Will both sides give them the evil eye, or will the Taylor Hammers side with them? 

Well now... perhaps, there IS some room for mutual disdain of this interloper product? @CMJeepster - what say you?

Your effort, @Displaced Texan at attempting to forge detente between two long-warring factions is duly noted. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well now... perhaps, there IS some room for mutual disdain of this interloper product? @CMJeepster - what say you?

Your effort, @Displaced Texan at attempting to forge detente between two long-warring factions is duly noted. 

Maybe they should send me to forge a peace agreement between Ukraine and Russia. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

• Like 1