Tactical Turtle

PORK ROLL or TAYLOR HAM!?

379 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call the delicious manufactured pork product indigenous to NJ?

• Pork roll
    • Taylor ham

Its funny, I had never heard of the term Taylor Ham until the mid 90's when I worked with a guy from the Patterson area.  A few of us were getting ready to order breakfast sandwiches and he said he wanted his with Taylor Ham.  We looked at him and said you mean Taylor Pork Roll?  He said, it's called Taylor Ham. Then one of the guys said "It must be a North Jersey thing". LOL   Whatever the term used, it's good stuff.

On another note, in 2004 my wife and I had taken our first trip to Tennessee and I was checking in at the motel desk.  When the girl behind the desk found out that we were from New Jersey, she made the comment "You're from NJ?....The land of pork roll"  So, even she called it pork roll.  First time I ever heard that also.

The order screen at Quick Check says Taylor Ham. So I claim that's the correct way to order it! Maybe WaWa's deli order screen says Pork Roll? I wouldn't know because there are no WaWa's anywhere near me.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

The order screen at Quick Check says Taylor Ham. So I claim that's the correct way to order it! Maybe WaWa's deli order screen says Pork Roll? I wouldn't know because there are no WaWa's anywhere near me.

Wawa says pork roll

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

All the Quick Cheks I've gone to say Pork Roll.

^^^ yup I was at a diner on long island and my buddy ordered a Taylor ham egg and cheese and the waitress had no clue what he wanted. I laughed and told her that he was "special" and he wanted a pork roll egg and cheese and she laughed and said "well why didn't he just say so"

I was in Virginia once , and ordered Taylor Ham on a roll ,  the waitress brought out ham on a roll,  I looked at  it and said, no Taylor Ham, you know cooked ....She returned a few minutes with the ham cooked....I gave up.    I now call it Pork Roll....its universal.

There used to be a brand of "Smithfield Virginia" ham called "Taylor."  Back when I was a kid. Don't see them anymore.

I was in Virginia once , and ordered Taylor Ham on a roll ,  the waitress brought out ham on a roll,  I looked at  it and said, no Taylor Ham, you know cooked ....She returned a few minutes with the ham cooked....I gave up.    I now call it Pork Roll....its universal.

This is not me lol.