Hello all, I have recently gotten into a position where I can afford a new gun. Now I am interested in a handgun, namely the Walther P99. I called to a few shops near me and none have them in stock, and claim getting anything might be a hassle as of late. I was wondering what you guys think I should expect to pay for a new Walther P99 9mm. Thanks a lot!

Im in the market for one myself, and have been for like 6 months... With that said, gunbroker has been killing me with auctions $750-1000. Recently I have been looking into the older style PPQ's, but they are really high.

If you can live without the euro/paddle style mag releases the new PPQ M2 have been available for about 550-650 which is reasonable.

P99/PPQ's in 40 seem to be more abundant and as a result, cheaper.

I have a p99as with I think 3 mags maybe 4 and fiber optic front sight, paddle holster and all the bits and pieces it came with when I got it new a few years ago. I have been toying around with the idea of selling it to fund an ak type rifle. The p99as is in my opinion the best of them all and sad when they discontinued it. When they come up on gunbroker they sell for around 750 to 800. But may consider a trade for ak type. Pm me and let me know. I would let it go for a price that would help me with the ak I am looking to get.

Wow. $750-$1000 for a P99!!!! That's crazy. I just picked up a used P99 AS from a forum member about 3 weeks ago and love this gun. It came with 6 magazines and night sights. Gun is mint and paid $550. Keep checking the forums. When I was shopping quite a few members either had one or knew someone who did. Somebody is bound to sell one although owners really like these guns so it may take some negotiating.

If I did not like the gun so much I would sell it or trade for something and make a nice little profit. Lol.

If that is the only real difference between the two, and it is a bit cheaper than that might be more the way to go.

New question - I have my FID. If I want to buy a handgun, never having applied for a permit before, nor owning any handguns (though I own rifles and shotguns), how should I proceed? I understand that permits for handguns expire after a short time, so should I try to acquire the handgun I ultimately want to purchase first and then apply for a permit? Or the other way around? Especially nowadays where more and more restrictions are being put on guns and gun owners. Any direction would be appreciated. I just don't want to risk the gun I want, since they seem to be few and far between, while trying to get a permit for it. Then again, I don't want to have a permit expire while trying to find a walther, or waiting for it to be ordered.

If that is the only real difference between the two, and it is a bit cheaper than that might be more the way to go.

New question - I have my FID. If I want to buy a handgun, never having applied for a permit before, nor owning any handguns (though I own rifles and shotguns), how should I proceed? I understand that permits for handguns expire after a short time, so should I try to acquire the handgun I ultimately want to purchase first and then apply for a permit? Or the other way around? Especially nowadays where more and more restrictions are being put on guns and gun owners. Any direction would be appreciated. I just don't want to risk the gun I want, since they seem to be few and far between, while trying to get a permit for it. Then again, I don't want to have a permit expire while trying to find a walther, or waiting for it to be ordered.

Go apply for permits now, as it may take you months to get them. Then go find a gun. Most dealers will work with you and hold it while you get your permits. You can also submit a firearms price request, which will go out to the NJGF vendors.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/contact/

I own a p99 and my dad owns a ppq. I'm sorry but I would take my P99 anyyyy day over the PPQ. The trigger is better yes but I'm sure you're not buying it for a serious comp shooter or something along those lines. The PPQ seems... ghetto next to my P99. we did a slide swap with internals and all... that was fun/scary. More options on the P99. Trigger on the PPQ. CHOOSE