Sign in to follow this  
darrenlobo

Magazine limits can kill good guys

Magazine limits can kill good guys

MB Studio Productions High Capacity Magazine PSA

The strong undercurrent of proposals to further limit your rights, in particular the constant hype over magazine capacity, constantly ignores the practicalities of potential dangers in defensive situations, in favor of the useless and dangerous assumption that limits make people safer. This dramatization is all too possible.

http://jpfo.org/alerts2013/alert20130501.htm#magvid

I've used the defensive argument in my letters. With things like:

-Home invasions happen every single day in towns across New Jersey, far more frequently than mass shootings occur.

-Australia has seen a huge spike in home invasions since their gun control laws were enacted

-Most anti gun people use arguments that a shooter could be stopped, or victims could run away, when the shooter is reloading. What about the person defending their home in a home invasion? If that person faced a typical home invasion, there would be multiple perpetrators. Facing two armed criminals the homeowner is automatically at a disadvantage and would be vulnerable when he or she was forced to reload. The lower the magazine size for the homeowner, the risk increases exponentially. If one assumes the criminal has an illegal magazine the risk is even greater. Shouldn't the homeowner, defending, his family get more consideration than having an arbitrary limit on magazine size?

- A Police1.com poll of 15,000 police officers recently showed that a whopping 96% of respondents feel that magazine size will not reduce gun violence. Next to some of the polls that the media likes to use, that's a pretty substantial sampling and an overwhelming percentage.

I know you've all seen these arguments. Just sharing what I've used. What would you folks think about a thread where we could share our letter writing points?