SickRick

Might be moving back to nj

I can (partially) see his point. NJ has a lot going for it. Areas are very rural, yet you are not too far away from "civilization". From where I am, mid-South Jersey for example, you can jump on a horse and ride all the way to the shore; only touching a paved road twice (206 & the parkway). If you stay away from the McMansions, taxes aren't TOO bad (not cheap, but manageable). The people are still reasonably friendly, too.

The problem, as I am beginning to see it, is we have ceased to be the Garden State, and have become the Nanny State. Everyone who's said at one time ore another "There oughtta be a law!" will find themselves right at home, because there already IS a law...so many that we've started naming them after people (as if that somehow makes them more personalized or something).

This puts the state rep in a quandary...how to get their name in the paper looking like they are "doing something". (Because, let's face it...this state has been around for longer than the US ...how much is there for them to do, really?). So....they turn to nonsense like "gun control", and "cop killer bullets", and "Saturday Night Specials". Things that don't mean a damn but make it look like they're "doing something" for the uneducated masses.

Sadly, this disease isn't confined to Northeast, California, and Washington DC.