Sign in to follow this  
areacode201

Sig P220, anyone have one?

Waiting on a P2P and thinking about the Sig P220. Anyone have one and want to share their thoughts? Purpose would be home defense and range training classes. I don't have an out of state carry permit and don't plan on applying for one anytime soon so size/weight is not a consideration. I have never held or shot one, but I have shot my friend's 9mm P226 Blackwater Edition and I was very impressed by the Sig quality. I know the grip of the P220 will be thinner because it's single stack so I want to get my hands on one before I choose.

I currently have a Beretta 92A1 which I am very happy with... but the buying itch has hit me again and I think the P220 may be a good choice for me.

Also, if anyone in North NJ has a P220 and would be kind enough to let me put a few rounds through it I would really appreciate it. I'd be happy to supply my own ammo and meet you at the range whenever you're going to be there (not looking for anyone to go out of their way for me).

Shore Shot has one down in Lakewood to rent. Have shot it plenty to know I want one. Have a 226 and a 1911. Only decision for me is which version of the 220 to buy. I am partial to ones with the half beavertail like the scorpion or dark elite. Function of shooting the 1911 platform, I guess. I had a non beavertail 226 and then got one with the beavertail and I like it much better. But I shoot the 220 just fine without the beavertail fwiw. Recoils very comfortably. Only improvement would be to go for the stainless elite which is about 6 ozs heavier in the frame. Have to believe that is a tame little kitty to shoot. That gun just looks too pretty to shoot for me though. :)

Take a close look at one of the Single Action Only models. (SAO) It's a P220 that behaves like a 1911, but with Sig reliability. My instructor at the Sig armorer's course shot that primarily and swore by the gun.

Any of the other SA/DA models are great guns and I like them. But ultimately it's all about the trigger. And with SAO your training and manual of arms is simplified.

IMO.

Tell us what range(s) you shoot at.

Tell us what range(s) you shoot at.

P220 45 asp was my first handgun.. love it. Super smooth, very accurate. lowish recoil due to the weight. I got the elite stainless. Be happy to let you shoot if you come down to the Howell, nj area.

I primarily shoot at Bullet Hole but I am in easy driving distance of Bayonne, RTSP, and the new Gun for Hire range.

Thanks for the offer down in Howell. If I'm heading down that way I'll drop you a PM.

Well, I haven't been to RTSP yet, but it's my old home town and I've been meaning to go and check it out. And, I've never shot a Beretta.

So perhaps we could have an accord. I'll shoot you a PM.

I have the p220 carry stainless elite and love it. It's a very smooth shooter because of its quality and weight. It's an excellent choice, you won't regret it. The only things I plan on changing on my Sig are the sights, because it uses a sight system that you have to completely cover your target to hit dead center, and the trigger, as my hands are large and the standard size trigger would be a better fit for me.

I think you should consider getting the Sig 220 in 22LR. Then you can buy the x-change kit in a different caliber.

I just did this with the 226 beavertail. The gun cost around $600 the x-change kit slides can be had for $250 on up depending on the model gun its needed for. Also no need for a ffl on the x-change kit they can mail it right to your home.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By lostcyborg
      Both of these handguns have literally zero rounds through them. I wish i was lying, these were both random purchases in the past not thinking of use or need. Both come in their respected boxes with everything that came with them. The Canik does come with a tlr-3 just because it fits well and i have a tlr-1 hl on my glock and my walther pdp pro. 
      First pistol is a Armscor M1911 A2 45 ACP. Comes with one magazine.(10rd) $380.00
      Second is a Canik TP9SF Elite 9mm Comes with Two Magazines(10rd) $370.00
      Cash/Paypal Sorry no trades. All transfers made via NJ FFL. All local laws apply. Buyer pays transfer fees at FFL. My FFL Is Louie GS In Secaucus(I live in bergen co)
      Prices are final and non negotiable. 
      First Come first serve(I’ll take it) will update as needed. 

• By crazyboy
      Cleaning out some unused gear.
      Everything listed is in new condition.  Purchased to try on, and never left the house.  Unfortunately it is past the return time frame.
      Located in Ocean County, but would prefer to ship due to scheduling.  Will ship via USPS Priority Mail, Flat Rate Padded Envelope at no charge.  Don't hesitate to make reasonable offers.  
      The first person to say I'll take it to a particular item gets it.

Item 1 - 
      Vedder Holsters Rapid Tuck
      IWB Hybrid Holster
      Right Handed
      Fits Sig P365 with TLR6 attached.
      Steel Spring Clip for 1.5" Belts
      Hand Molded Kydex and Cowhide.
      Sells for $69 plus shipping, looking to get $59.  

Item 2 - 
      Vedder Holsters Quick Draw
      OWB Hybrid Holster
      Right Handed
      Fits Sig P365 with TLR6 attached.
      Belt openings fit belts up to 1.75"
      Hand Molded Kydex and Cowhide.
      Sells for $79 plus shipping, looking to get $69.  

Item 3 -
      Alien Gear Shape Shift 
      Springfield XD9SC Shell
      Alien Gear Shape Shift OWB Slide Holster
      Right Handed
      Sells for $63 plus shipping, looking to get $52.  

Item 4 -
      Alien Gear Single Cloak Mag Carrier
      9mm/.40
      Fits XD9 Mags, unsure what other mags are designed to fit.
      Convertible between IWB and OWB.  
      Sells for $41 plus shipping, looking to get $30.  

• By Casual Shooter
      WTS: 45 ACP PMC Bronze 500 Rounds - SOLD
       PMC 45 ACP Bronze 230 Gr. FMJ
      Ten (10) boxes of 50 rounds                       
        $325.00 Cash
      FID and matching DL required. Located in Morris County, Morris Plains area 07950.
       The first to post “I’ll take it” wins the sale followed by PM to confirm.

• By stn8188
      Sig Sauer 45ACP, 230gr FMJ
      Three boxes, 50rds/box (150rds total).
      $120.00 for all

Terms:
      Buyer must have matching current NJ DL and FID.  NO EXCEPTIONS.
      Will meet anywhere in Sussex County.  Cash only.
      First one to post  " I'll take it " wins the sale.
      Thank you!

• By Porthole
      All magazines are sold.
      As pictured, 11 magazines, 1911 45 ACP 
      6 are stamped with the Colt emblem and "Colt 45 AUTO M"
      5 are stamped only with "COLT 45 AUTO"
      Lightly used if at all.
      $125.00 shipped priority mail CONUS.
      Location Delaware
      The first to post "I'll take it" establishes the buyer, PM after that.

• I've watched a lot of "Mighty Ships" series on TV, as well as cruise ship series. It seems prevalent for large ships to have GPS tracking, and possibly guidance. So the path of this ship should be on record somewhere. And one critical fact would be whether or not as the ship approached the bridge it followed the correct path in the harbor channel. The conspiracy aspect would ask was  one of the electronic guidance/navigation systems hacked to put it on a collision course? I'm not anxious to find a terrorist attack. But if you'd asked me on September 10, 2001 what were the odds of four hijacked aircraft being successfully flown by amateurs into three iconic American structures... I will say there's not a doubt in my mind there are nasty people that crossed the border to cause trouble. I just can't be certain how, and how much.
    • It's been reported now that there were two harbor pilots on board and 21 crewmen. The article mentions that there were no cars on the bridge when it collapsed.   Actually, divers found two people trapped in their car.  They were recovered Tuesday afternoon. 
    • My CDefense has a way different bullet profile / ogive than my CDuty..............easy to tell apart.