Sleeper

Keeping Guns for a friend?

I have a friend who is getting ready to sell his house. He has 3 long guns and a pistol. He is not an avid shooter and his guns mostly collect dust. He doesn't have a safe, so he asked me to keep them in my safe.

He will be moving into an apartment and can't say how long he wants me to keep them. I told him he should just sell them if he doesn't use them or want them.

But he is not sure he wants to sell right now.

Are there any legal complications keeping his guns in my safe? He also said I could shoot them anytime I wanted.

Thanks,

Maybe for $1 a year you could "rent" him a room in your house - then it becomes one of his residences and he can keep his guns there - BUT I only play a lawyer on the Internet so your mileage may vary.

I would do a COE on long guns. Pistol is a NO.

Yes transfer the long guns. Have his disassemble the slide on the pistol if semi auto and give the slide and mags to you. He then can keep the other half safely.

This is the best way to do it if he has to remove them from his person for a restraining order or just for safety's sake.

If the cops are going to take the pistol let them take a paper weight.LOL