Pythagoras

Mosin 91/30 at aim surplus - $120

they used to go for $90, so 120 isnt that great of a price

I've heard about the mythical <$100 Mosin, but have never seen it. I saw them fetching ~$200 at a gun show a few months ago, and I see them for $150 at Cabela's. This $120 offer is the cheapest I've seen since Newtown.

This $120 offer is the cheapest I've seen since Newtown.

and thats why. AIM, for years, has had $90 mosins. nothing mythical about it. before the panic, gun show mosins were typically $100. i bought my hex through a group buy at TJs for $120, and that was for a hex, and picking it out myself.

A wise man told me ordering a mosin sight unseen is a crapshoot which makes total sense.

Buy one locally or gunshows for about the same price as you paying for shipping plus transfer fees and NICS.

In general I agree with you, but I've waited so long for my handgun NICS that my FFL invited me to buy a rifle online and go through the same NICS transfer.

Also, I have read only good things from members of this forum who purchased one from AIM and were very happy with it. Plus I sprung the extra $10 for the hand-pick. I'm just getting antsy, I guess :girlwacko:

and thats why. AIM, for years, has had $90 mosins. nothing mythical about it. before the panic, gun show mosins were typically $100. i bought my hex through a group buy at TJs for $120, and that was for a hex, and picking it out myself.

I hear you, it's just that everything is going up in price anyways. I know I paid a bit more than I had to, but I'm getting impatient and wanted to get one while I could. Firearms appreciate so quickly, I'm not gonna worry about it.

AIM only sells their "Shooter grade" 91/30s for $89.00 for the last year, they just had them in about 10 days ago. My brother picked up 2 with his C&R. They are not in as good as shape as the ones listed now, metal has more wear, bores are dark , 90% of them are counterbored and stocks or hand guards maybe cracked. There are no returns on those. All other variations are $119.0 plus.

I picked up a Dragoon M91 at Vally Forge about 4 years ago and they were $120.00 at the time. Prices have only gone up since and will continue too as less are being imported every year.

AIM surplus has the Mosin Nagant 91/30 back in stock for $119.95

(I was getting scared we'd never see these again for this kind of price...)

Finally got mine!

I paid just a little more and it actually looked great!

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_756/products_id/411540201/Rifles/Century+International+Arms+Inc.