jackandjill

Multiple long guns on single NICS ? (bought during the waiting period)

I tried searching on this topic, found few discussions but were little confusing, so here it goes

If I buy more long guns while waiting for the NJ NICS, can they be added to the "list" and take transfer of all in on transfer transaction, once the check comes back ? Ofcourse, we are talking about everything at the same FFL.

What if some of those ship to FFL after check comes back but before the actual pickup is complete ?

It is my impression that once the NICS is faxed in, that is the end of that transaction. Purchase another long gun, start a new NICS check.

I had one NICS open recently for recievers waitubg on approval and a carbine I had backordered came in while waiting for the approval. A new NICS check was started. Was told it could not be added to open NICS check.

Maybe PK90 will weigh in and enlighten us.

Maybe it is a dealer procedure issue.

i was told by a dealer that you can add them till NiC's check comes back . Once the dealer gets the OK from NIC's its done

This.

There is nothing firearms specific on a NICS check other then circling either long gun or handgun. If a NICS was submitted for a rifle you cannot add a handgun to it and vice versa.

You may add as many long guns as you want when your approval comes back. You can add a handgun. If you have a nics in for a handgun you may add a shotgun. This was told from someone at nics. There's no law states on how it's done or should be done so I wouldn't waste your time.

This.

There is nothing firearms specific on a NICS check other then circling either long gun or handgun. If a NICS was submitted for a rifle you cannot add a handgun to it and vice versa.

Thanks. All firearms in question are long guns (no handguns), there is nothing noted or specific on the NJ NICS form about the firearm itself (other than long gun, hand gun or other). And the "Proceed" status is good for 30 days. Given all that, why additional longguns cannot be included in the equation AFTER NICS OK but BEFORE the actual signature / pick up date ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.