Ron

WMA Range at Makepeace Lake in Weymouth

They rebuilt the rimfire and black powder range, put in concrete shooting benches and berms at 25 yard intervals. A huge upgrade over that wooden shack and hard pack dirt field they had last year. Even the shotgun range got an upgrade with concrete shooting stations and a row of log fences. Really impressive and had a great day there with my dad, brother, nephew and my son. He's almost eight, had him shooting his red rider bb gun and a few rounds from my Henry .22. Loved seeing the smile on his face when he knocked over that milk jug at 25 yards with his bb gun.

The clay they've overturned on the rimfire range makes quite a mess of things when it's wet.  If it's rained in the past few days, wear boots and drive the pickup so you can put 'em in the back on the way home!

Shotguns in the shotgun area and rimfire in the target area...to me that means rimfire..to some it means rifle only...but there are casings from all calibers on the ground so people sneak in what they can. I have never seen a game warden there. The yellow signs were so messed up it was hard to read it.. With the improvments maybe they have new signs..I might go this afternoon. Ill let u know.