Sign in to follow this  
EENEZ

Saiga 12

Sorry for the link could figure out how to upload the photo.

http://www.amazon.co...om%2FB00907591O

31IMtePVfBL.jpg

We had a thread about this a few months back. If I recall correctly, there was a split on illegal vs legal... on the basis that everything in NJ is illegal unless exempted :)

Thumbhole stocks are not specified in the law, however conspicuously protruding pistol grips are mentioned. And noone wants to be the test case for NJ...

edit* found it

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/34375-saiga-shot-gun-a-little-gunsmithing/page__hl__%20convert%20%20saiga%20%20shotgun

hes being sarcastic...

the sad reality is that in NJ semi auto shotguns are hit hard.. and have really restrictive laws..

If therr was a way to convert the trigger group (move it foward) and utilize the sportorized look (no pistol grip) the operation and function would be greatly improved. Now in nj you can not have a pistol grip. But there are a few mods you can do to aid im operation and functionality. #1-magwell... rock and locks are great.. but face it we cant have drums.. and loading a mag without a pistol grip isnt very easy #2-polish and profile your bolt... this will aid in mag changes and if done right will help you run low brass ammo. #3 krebs rifle sites.. this will aid in target acusition and if you run slugs or hunt with it will help also. These are my personal prefence and i am searching for a mag well for.my gun to that i can modify my promags to fit. Hope it helps

If therr was a way to convert the trigger group (move it foward) and utilize the sportorized look (no pistol grip) the operation and function would be greatly improved. Now in nj you can not have a pistol grip. But there are a few mods you can do to aid im operation and functionality. #1-magwell... rock and locks are great.. but face it we cant have drums.. and loading a mag without a pistol grip isnt very easy #2-polish and profile your bolt... this will aid in mag changes and if done right will help you run low brass ammo. #3 krebs rifle sites.. this will aid in target acusition and if you run slugs or hunt with it will help also. These are my personal prefence and i am searching for a mag well for.my gun to that i can modify my promags to fit. Hope it helps

I really like the HK sights... but personal preference.. you are right there are definitely things you can do.. my point was more NOT things related to getting a PG on the gun..