henrym

The ***OFFICIAL*** Steel Target Group Buy Thread

I sent in a check to EBS a few weeks ago, thinking that was what was needed for this to happen. Now I see others are waiting to send in checks. 

So, is this a go or not?

Was I wrong to send in the money?

Is my check going to sit somewhere for months on end only to have this fizzle out?

Please update.

Great effort Henry, it's a bear of a project to do these when you need basically get the whole sheet sold just to break even. I will say 1 thing, When I did the last one, I did buy up a good portion of the sheet myself and knew that they would sell eventually. After I put the order in and they were being cut, I filled most of the pieces I bought to make the order work. eventually I sold everything I pre-paid for.

It was nice being able to do this for the Forum members, and yea it was a gamble but heck, It was worth the work in the end because we all got steel. That and all to break even, but at least we all got the steel we wanted. Hopefully the guys who pulled out will reconsider and other will fill the order up for ya. I'm full on stock, I wound up with 5 of each size I did in the last group buy..

So how are people using these at the range? I am planning on joining cjrpc. Can you shoot steel there ? How are you mounting them so they swing? Could you build a dueling tree out of these?

Wondering how others plan on using them.

Mike

So how are people using these at the range? I am planning on joining cjrpc. Can you shoot steel there ? How are you mounting them so they swing? Could you build a dueling tree out of these?

Wondering how others plan on using them.

Mike

You can make a hanger for them, I have 6 steel stands, they are a combo stands, USPSA target holder and center post holder for a 2X4 that works well, even with the 12" targets. You can make some up, buy them or what have you. The only thing I am doing different now after using the 2X4 is I'll be making a lower section out of a 2X4 about a 1 1/2' tall and them mount a section of angle stock to hold the targets. figure I'll point the angle forward to deflect any hits away and won't chew the crap out of the wood.

As far as making dueling tree, 4" would probably be better being this is 1/2" AR500 steel. 8" plate would be too heavy the stand you would have to make it would have to be real stout and figure the cost of material would run ya what pre-made tree would cost you.

Hopefully the guys who pulled out will reconsider and other will fill the order up for ya.

I pulled out because this thread was abandoned by the organizers so I naturally assumed the group buy was off

I'd be happy to sign up again if it is still active (confused)

I'm not allowed to shoot steel at my range anymore but I was planning on keeping a couple in the truck for upstate.  And I want to build a big 10" or 12" gong for the occasional trip to CJ

The thread was not abandoned by the organizer. It was plainly stated that the order would not be processed until ALL the steel was sold. As of right now it is being canceled due to lack of interest.

Those who submitted payment will be contacted to discuss further details.

Henry

The thread was not abandoned by the organizer. It was plainly stated that the order would not be processed until ALL the steel was sold. As of right now it is being canceled due to lack of interest.

Those who submitted payment will be contacted to discuss further details.

Henry

Forgive me Henry, maybe "not maintained" is a better choice of words as this is the first update since May 21st

Regardless we all have our answer now :(

I'm in for the next group buy should you organize another one

I talked to henry (did not wanna jump in till i saw it officially over). My family owns a steel plate manufacturing plant and i will be cutting up some ar500 in both 3/8 and 1/2 we will not need to fill an entire order before proceeding. It will be cut using plasma.

i will post the start in a few days

I talked to henry (did not wanna jump in till i saw it officially over). My family owns a steel plate manufacturing plant and i will be cutting up some ar500 in both 3/8 and 1/2 we will not need to fill an entire order before proceeding. It will be cut using plasma.

i will post the start in a few days

Any idea on shapes. Looking for a decent sized silhouette