ogfarmer

NJ Senators CAUGHT Mocking Gun Owners In Committee Meeting May 9, 2013- UPDATED

when they do decide to confiscate, will these kind polite ladies go door to door for the collection?

Just in rural areas and suburban neighborhoods.

I kinda doubt they'll try in Trenton, Camden and Newark. Even they can't be that dumb.

Linda Greenstein is the last voice you hear, when she says "That's the line they developed"....

That's sad, because she did a good job of faking being a reasonable person in the Law & Public Safety committee meeting.

Are there friendly Senators who might help us confirm the identity of the voices? Played properly, this could be big.

At first I just assumed the "confiscate, confiscate, confiscate" was dramatic video editing. But I guess it wasn't. It's creepy coming seemingly out of nowhere. Sounds like a rallying cry to me. We can add this to a montage with Cuomo's famous musings about "confiscation is an option."

Protests won't help us. 

The courts won't help us. Stop saying "wait until it gets to SCOTUS."  These issues almost certainly won't.  At this point I have serious doubts about whether SCOTUS will even hear a concealed carry case.

As others have said, only the voting booth will help us. 

We must face REALITY.  Prevailing in the voting booth in this state -- voting these people out of office AND replacing them with politicians who respect the rights of law abiding citizens -- will be a herculean task.  We have zero chance of winning in the voting booth in this state unless our message gets across clearly and effectively.  What is that message and how do we get it across?

The message CANNOT be "what part of infringe don't you understand" or "laws don't do any good because criminals don't listen to them."  Those ultra-libertarian arguments are simplistic and asinine and carry zero weight with most citizens in this state.  

We need to take a playbook from the antis and STOP being so damned earnest.  This is not "compromising".  We need to shape our message for maximum impact on the average voter in this state who is probably 1) misinformed on most gun issues, 2) unaware of just how strict NJ gun laws already are and 3) not necessarily opposed to all civilian gun ownership but wants some "reasonable" (in their minds) controls.

This is what I think our message should be -- and we, meaning the NJ2AS, ANJRPC, and all of the grassroots members of those organizations need to have a unified, coherent message:

1.  First and foremost, we -- the 1 million or so lawful gun owners in this state -- want the same things that everyone does.  We are men and women from all walks of life and all professions.  We want love our children and want our communities to be safe. 

2.  We aren't arguing for no gun laws.  We are arguing for FAIR and EFFECTIVE gun laws that make sense and respect the rights of law abiding citizens, and only those laws.  Laws that are carefully thought through and designed specifically to target criminals and seriously mentally ill people and to aggressively prosecute criminals who use guns and keep them off the streets.

3.  The gun control politicians and advocates in this state are being dishonest and are in fact harming the public interest.  They are not interested in "gun safety" or public safety because it is clear that the laws they propose will do absolutely nothing to deter or hamper criminals and they distract from the real underlying problems -- economic, social and cultural -- that give rise to violence in our cities.

We need -- the ANJRPC and NJ2AS -- needs professional PR/advertising help and an enormous fundraising drive to launch a massive PR and informational campaign across this state in newspapers and on TV.  We need polished people that will appeal to joe citizen living in the suburbs.

Just wow. How dare she say that we don't care about bad guys. That's such a blatant lie like Obama's 90% BS. I'm infuriated.

Their logic...

"If you care about bad guys not getting guns, we have to take yours away first". In other words, they view all gun owners as "the bad guys".

Add to that, it is apparent that using logic and reason with them is pointless.

I dont see this as inflammatory remarks. They are telling this message to the public everyday. They tell their constituents that gun rights activists wont trade their rights for more security (common sense gun legislation). Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to look like the idiots they are, but I don't think of this as the caught them with their pants down moment.

Considering all the testimony from people that showed up preceding those comments I think it is very disturbing.

Either all that testimony gave the wrong impression or they didn't hear a word of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of you guys who are advocating voting them out, I wish you luck but I think you're seriously deluded.  In the liberal strongholds you have NO HOPE of ever being elected.  You can not fight against a system that's rigged to benefit the cheaters.  Until serious voter ID reform is mandated, you will have live people voting two and three times and dead people voting as well. 

I wish you luck but I think your chance of voting them out is smaller than our chance for CCW in NJ.  JMNSFHO though.

I dont see this as inflammatory remarks. They are telling this message to the public everyday. They tell their constituents that gun rights activists wont trade their rights for more security (common sense gun legislation). Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to look like the idiots they are, but I don't think of this as the caught them with their pants down moment.

+1

The media, their constituents, and fellow legislatures would simply praise them for being open and courageous.

Here's an email that just went out to Sweeney and Sarlo,
Dear Senators Sweeney and Sarlo,

I would like to bring to your attention some damning comments made by members of the Budget committee following yesterday's hearing. The comments can be heard in the link below.

I would like to know who the two women on the tape were. Given their blatant contempt, I question their legitimacy to impartially judge bills that affect gun owners who "just want to play with their little guns." I find chilling their desire for bills to "confiscate, confiscate, confiscate." Finally, I question their professionalism. They are a discredit to the committee and to the senate as a whole. If the target of their scorn were any minority other than gun owners, we would be hearing of their resignations by now.

At a minimum, I hope you will teach them a lesson in conduct becoming of a state senator. Ideally, I would ask that you reconsider the legitimacy of yesterday's hearings.

Sincerely,

Colion Noir commented on this, so it's getting out there slowly...

http://www.mrcolionnoir.com/second-amendment/2-senators-and-a-cup-of-stupid/

Are they really saying that they 'need a bill that is going to confiscate confiscate confiscate'?  My hearing isn't good, and its are for me to understand if this is what is said....

I sent an email to Stack and Sweeney about those comments too.

And I told them the ladies were right: when they spend millions regulating legal guns, and not illegal guns, Sweeney really doesn't have any regulations for keeping hands out of bad guys.

Are they really saying that they 'need a bill that is going to confiscate confiscate confiscate'?  My hearing isn't good, and its are for me to understand if this is what is said....

Sounds to me like some one is making a joke about making a bill to confiscate and then someone laughs.

As for names, the following is taken from an ANJRPC email:

"We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”

"They [gun owners] want to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys, but they don’t have any regulations to do it.”

"They don’t care about the bad guys.  All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them.”

"That’s the line they’ve developed.” 

The discussion appears to be among Senator Loretta Weinberg (D37), Senator Sandra Cunningham (D31), Senator Linda Greenstein (D14), and at least one member of Senate Democratic staff.

One poster brought up the hopelessness of out-voting the antis (and dead people, etc), and he's probably right.

But let's look at this a bit.  If we have 1 million registered owners in a state of roughly 8 million people, figure less than half actually go to the polls.  That becomes a strong minority, does it not?

And if they can manage to figure out how shills can vote multiple times, why can't all of us do it?  I understand the morality of it, but if you turn the other cheek, you'll just get slapped twice instead of once.

I wonder if there is a way to obtain a mailing list of all registered owners in the state.  You know it is out there somewhere, although it isn't supposed to be.