ogfarmer

NJ Senators CAUGHT Mocking Gun Owners In Committee Meeting May 9, 2013- UPDATED

Gone in a year?  Doubt it.

Maybe, maybe not- It doesn't matter. The areas I'm looking at are all very pro gun. Half the sheriffs said they will not enforce mag limits. Ontop of that- you should know how they are going about the mag limit to understand why it won't work. They are trying to allow grandfathering of mags over 15 by having you go and get your mag serialized. No one is going to do this- it'll be mass civil disobedience.

So even if it stays in the books for a while- I doubt the mag ban is gonna work in CO. Plus I am not a 1 issue person. I have many many aspects of my life I need to consider. I am a car guy- CO has no inspections so you can do whatever you want. I have severe chronic pain from having to replace my ACL/PCL/MCL in 1 knee- MJ is pretty much the only thing that helps without side effects of PKers such as constipation, liver damage, stomach ulcers, and I have a fast building tolerance to PKs. I had to take 12-16mg of hydromorphone(dilodid- the strongest PK that can be prescribed out of hospitals) 4 times a day after my surgery to give ya an idea of how bad the pain is. It's literally like a stuck serrated knife poking you every step. Even NJ retarded MMJ laws would not allow me to get a prescription since chronic pain isn't included- but boy oh boy can I get hopped on all the painkillers I could ever not want =/. Taxes are killing me here- CO has 3% sales and 5-7.5% property tax on a 7.96% assessed value, literally about .477% property tax compared to my current 2.515%, over 5x the amount. Everything else here is so expensive- cigs, insurance, healthcare, state income tax, etc. etc.

Is CO the best gun state? No, definitely not. However there's far more then that for me and CO fits the bill plus its at least 100x better then NJ in the guns department. CCW, No AWB, I can have all the "evil" features I want, C&R FFL license that actually means something(I want to start collecting old guns from revolutionary war to WW2), Can transport without worrying if that BK large drink was such a good idea, No FPID, most counties won't even enforce the silly mag limit so who cares. So- what else do I really need? It's everything I want.

I'm not against MMJ but its a issue thats pretty contriversal

According to ATF

"any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition."

I wonder if it will show on background check that one is a registered MMJ user?

I'm in step with you John.  (Hope you don't mind me cutting some of your quote for space)

anactivegrenade's email is very professional.  I guess I was more direct in the email I sent to Senator Sweeney:

Senator Sweeney:

[extra lines deleted]

Senator Loretta Weinberg (D37), Senator Sandra Cunningham (D31), Senator Linda Greenstein (D14), and at least one member of Senate Democratic staff.   

I demand as a responsible law abiding citizen of the US and NJ that these Senators be immediately censored and removed for any attendance and voting privileges on the NJ Senate floor.

In addition, that Senator Weinberg be brought up on charges and dismissed as a NJ Senator being in violation of her Oath of Office regarding the US Consitution, 2nd Amendment, and recent US Supreme Court Ruling respective to the 2nd Admendment.

To wit, she have violated her Oath of Office:

41:1-1. Oath of allegiance; form

I copied out some more of the statute:

41:3-1. False swearing, affirmation of declaration; perjury
If any person shall willfully and corruptly swear, affirm or declare falsely, in or by any oath, affirmation, declaration or affidavit, required to be made or taken by any statute of this state, or necessary or proper to be made, taken or used in any court of this state, or for any lawful purpose whatever, such person shall be deemed guilty of perjury and punished accordingly.

and,

41:3-2. Subornation of oaths, affirmations or affidavits made or taken out of state
If any oath, affirmation or affidavit made or taken under authority of section 41:2-17 of this title, or any material part thereof, shall be untrue, any person who shall use or offer the same for any purpose whatever, knowing the same to be untrue, shall be guilty of a high misdemeanor, and shall upon conviction thereof suffer the same punishment as if convicted of subornation of perjury, and shall be subject to the same disabilities.

Hope you still have the message so it can be forwarded, or copied, to the Justice Department.  They won't be taking any action, but there are other parts of the statute that applies to those that administer the oath.  Some things need a lawyer to translate.

I'm not against MMJ but its a issue thats pretty contriversal

According to ATF

"any person who uses or is addicted to marijuana, regardless of whether his or her state has passed legislation authorizing marijuana use for medicinal purposes, is an unlawful user of or addicted to a controlled substance, and is prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition."

I wonder if it will show on background check that one is a registered MMJ user?

CO legalized it entirely for anyone. Don't even need a card. I heard there's even smoke bars(or cafes wtvr) all over already. I'm not worried about that- where as even if I was eligible in any other state(outside WA) it would seriously impact me.

I'm not saying CO is for everyone. Based on my research and findings- it is for me for sooooooo many reasons. I always wanted to move but have a home and business here. Now I'm selling the business(something I have been planning for years) and my brother says he can buy my home. I am blessed with the chance to finally leave. I sincerely  hope the rest of you can find that same chance, this fascist NJ state gov is too much for me. I can't do it anymore.

this fascist NJ state gov is too much for me. I can't do it anymore.

I wonder how much longer we have until people wisen up and decide to overthrow the State Government. With the way things are going, I fully support the overthrow of this regime.

I wonder how much longer we have until people wisen up and decide to overthrow the State Government. With the way things are going, I fully support the overthrow of this regime.

Two ways to do it

Vote the out in November

and

Jury Nullification for laws that are unjust.

Two ways to do it

Vote the out in November

and

Jury Nullification for laws that are unjust.

That's the hard part and where I feel this country has gone to the "place of no return". We were having a discussion last night and how can you compete with "free money, free programs, free everything"? The voter base is brainwashed that if you don't offer something for free they ain't voting for you. We only came up with a few conclusions:

1) Get a Conservative to run as a Dem/Liberal offering free stuff. offering everything you can and promising the  world, then when you take your oath of office realizing you need to honor the Constitution. However, most true patriots can't lie so that won't work.

2) Play their game. When they question on raising taxes, explain to them you've been to many houses and the elderly/families are struggling and barely making ends meet. Should we ask them for more money? Also mention how special interest groups are running the schools from far away places...how will that help our children? Ask to create a general fund from those who wish to raise taxes for our children and pay for those that can't afford the tax increase. Kind of a "spread the wealth".

My conclusion, it ain't getting any better UNTIL the stock market crashes and everyone loses their money and way of life. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY...until then, it ain't happening.

anactivegrenade's email is very professional. I guess I was more direct in the email I sent to Senator Sweeney:

Senator Sweeney:

"We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”

"They [gun owners] want to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys, but they don’t have any regulations to do it.”

"They don’t care about the bad guys. All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them.”

"That’s the line they’ve developed.”

Senator Loretta Weinberg (D37), Senator Sandra Cunningham (D31), Senator Linda Greenstein (D14), a "

All three of these pieces of garbage anti Americans were re elected tonight!!!???? They should have been removed from their positions and ridden out of their districts on a rail! Sickening!:angry::angry::angry:

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

It shows how week gun owners are. 1,000,000 gun owners my ass. Not even 5,000 are activists. Being a firearm owner in this state sucks on 3 levels. Politically, socially, and economically.  The politicians see they will get away with what ever schemes they launch, socially  we are fringe minority with no organization and financially we are ripped off by the state and each other. I'm tired really. I fought the good fight and IMHO its time to leave this nut ball state. Let it burn and fester with it's self inflicted diseases.

Well, one option is to run as a Dem in the primary.  That's what millsan1 did.  One way of making our legislators listen is to force them to spend money in the primarys - they don't like that.  Even if you don't win the primary, they had to spend time, money and shoe leather defeating you.

All you need are 100 voter signatures.

Bob Gordon's re-election in Dist 38 was the most painful.  He came very, very close to losing.  If you remember, he is the little troll who pushed a 5 round mag capacity bill and ranted "no one needs more than 5 round to kill a deer" at a gun control rally.

Sorry, but I think Republican legislative victories in heavily Democrat Districts are virtually impossible in this state.  I spoke to a political professional about this after the last election where strong candidates put on a good effort in District 37 and still go crushed by Weinberg, Johnson and Huttle.   He said it is a long term, structural problem -- there are simply too many registered Democrats in these areas, and state Republican organizations (eg, the Bergen County Republicans), which aren't that strong to begin with, won't waste resources in these Districts.

IMO, there are two possible ways to make headway: 1) put forward an exceptionally charismatic Republican candidate who is a moderate (a RINO if you prefer) with lots and lots of his own money to spend; 2) run a stealth campaign as a Democrat (still need exceptional charisma and money, because the local Democrat machines have a lock on things).  Neither is likely to succeed.  That is just reality.

Bob Gordon's re-election in Dist 38 was the most painful.  He came very, very close to losing.  If you remember, he is the little troll who pushed a 5 round mag capacity bill and ranted "no one needs more than 5 round to kill a deer" at a gun control rally.

Sorry, but I think Republican legislative victories in heavily Democrat Districts are virtually impossible in this state.  I spoke to a political professional about this after the last election where strong candidates put on a good effort in District 37 and still go crushed by Weinberg, Johnson and Huttle.   He said it is a long term, structural problem -- there are simply too many registered Democrats in these areas, and state Republican organizations (eg, the Bergen County Republicans), which aren't that strong to begin with, won't waste resources in these Districts.

IMO, there are two possible ways to make headway: 1) put forward an exceptionally charismatic Republican candidate who is a moderate (a RINO if you prefer) with lots and lots of his own money to spend; 2) run a stealth campaign as a Democrat (still need exceptional charisma and money, because the local Democrat machines have a lock on things).  Neither is likely to succeed.  That is just reality.

All good points but many Dems also get elected just because of Public Employee unions tell them to vote that way. For example now that this thread is revived the Azz Clown to whom this thread is dedicated to Linda Greenstein  represents Mercer.  Mercer has a large number of State, Federal and Local government workers like Police, Fireman, Teachers and State employees pulling the levers for these A-holes just becasue they are in the Dem slot,  that’s another sad reality. Needless to say she squeaked out a victory   

Sorry guys, but the urban districts that drive this state into the Blue are unreachable. No amount of money or "outreach" or moderation of viewpoints on our side will win these people over, ever. Just look at the results from last night for East Orange. Anyone who knows anything about Essex Country knows that this city is the poster child for the destructive side-effects of unchallenged progressive/liberal/Democrat rule. What they have done to this city since the 1960s is nothing short of criminal, yet look at the mayoral and council votes!!! Not a single Republican even ran. Why bother when the voting base is solidly 90-95% in the Democreep pocket, election cycle after election cycle. What is it, aside from the obvious economic incentives provided by Big Gov't, that keep the cities voting against their interests? 

The coming amnesty for illegals that is right around the corner will drive the State irrevocably off the cliff. There will still be sizeable red districts, but the state will no longer be challenged.

I see NO hope for this state.

East Orange               MAYOR               One 4-year term               x Lester E. Taylor (D)               COUNCIL WARD 1               One 4-year term               x Christopher D. James (D)               COUNCIL WARD 2               One 4-year term               x Romal Bullock (D)               COUNCIL WARD 3               One 4-year term               x Theodore R. Green (D)*               COUNCIL WARD 4               One 4-year term               x Tyshammie L. Cooper (D)               COUNCIL WARD 5               One 4-year term               x Alicia Holman (D)*

All three of these pieces of garbage anti Americans were re elected tonight!!!???? They should have been removed from their positions and ridden out of their districts on a rail! Sickening! :angry::angry: :angry:

Did you really expect them to get thrown out? They are in extremely safe districts.

Did you really expect them to get thrown out? They are in extremely safe districts.

nope figured they wouldn't. They shouldn't have even been able to run again IMO. Their comments in May should have resulted in their dismissal from public office immediately.

Bob Gordon's re-election in Dist 38 was the most painful. He came very, very close to losing. If you remember, he is the little troll who pushed a 5 round mag capacity bill and ranted "no one needs more than 5 round to kill a deer" at a gun control rally.

Sorry, but I think Republican legislative victories in heavily Democrat Districts are virtually impossible in this state. I spoke to a political professional about this after the last election where strong candidates put on a good effort in District 37 and still go crushed by Weinberg, Johnson and Huttle. He said it is a long term, structural problem -- there are simply too many registered Democrats in these areas, and state Republican organizations (eg, the Bergen County Republicans), which aren't that strong to begin with, won't waste resources in these Districts.

IMO, there are two possible ways to make headway: 1) put forward an exceptionally charismatic Republican candidate who is a moderate (a RINO if you prefer) with lots and lots of his own money to spend; 2) run a stealth campaign as a Democrat (still need exceptional charisma and money, because the local Democrat machines have a lock on things). Neither is likely to succeed. That is just reality.

Why a stealth candidate? Back and finance a pro gun dem like Jeff van drew. Say they don't exist? I say hogwash.

The unsustainable policies of the left will eventually lead to a systemic failure of government.  When that happens all hell will break loose and all the liberals will be clamoring for leadership to restore order.  They will suddenly become very conservative in their views.

The unsustainable policies of the left will eventually lead to a systemic failure of government.  When that happens all hell will break loose and all the liberals will be clamoring for leadership to restore order.  They will suddenly become very conservative in their views.

While I wish this were true, I believe your fantasy is inaccurate.  They will clamor for more control, and more handouts from the government, paid for by those "evil rich people".

time for some new states, damn shame Colorodo failed in it's attempt

No, at that point they will shed their masks and espouse their Communist beliefs openly and widely. The only "leader" they are looking for is a hardcore radical along the lines of Vladimir Illych Lenin to organize and galvanize them towards action, resulting in a violent overthrow of the legal sitting government.