monmouth

Can't we just have a north and south jersey state? Cut it off at the raritan?

This is so silly. The North is much more red than the South:

323px-2012_Presidential_Election_in_NJ_b

Facts? All the states problems come from north jersey. Our problem is Camden. Notice where all the anti gun rally's are, All the gun buy backs. I haven't seen one down here anywhere.

Mr. Moore, you get a plus 1 on that statement from this guy. Although Atlantic City did have one, followed by a shooting.

Ryan, look at the map. The areas down south are not as densely populated like North Jersey's cities. 

Can we just all agree that all of NJ sucks for gun owners??? I think regardless if you split the state into 8 sections it would probably still be screwed.

Bingo... One of the dumber threads I've seen.

Can't change NJ facts no matter where in the state. It's a beautiful state for the most part. But it's ran by greed, crooked politicians and contains quite a few of tree hugging, lazy, know it all liberals that are more or less, self centered pukes that only care about themselves.

Can we just all agree that all of NJ sucks for gun owners??? I think regardless if you split the state into 8 sections it would probably still be screwed.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

So you have a pickup truck that you don't use to haul stuff for work, you're on the volunteer fire department, and you'd grow a mustache if you could? ...since we're stereotyping by county and hating on Bergen.

Don't you go to NYU? Shouldn't you drive a hybrid, vote for Obama, and occupy Wallstreet (which you used navigation on your iPhone to find)?

I went to another college that got absorbed into NYU. So no, I am doing none of those things.

Pickup trucks get used here. Hauling firewood among other stuff. No natural gas service like y'alls up there in Bergen. We have to chop up firewood to burn for heat in the winter.

Spoken like a typical north jersey inhabitant. We don't want you, just head on back to the concrete jungle and Tarmac of North Jersey and leave us to enjoy the nice half of the state. Have fun with all the NYC folks.

Jeez that is so ignorant. Without N Jersey you'd still have Corzine as Governor...

Um....a couple comments -

The "Huge Houses and Country Clubs" should be expanded to include Moorestown and Tavistock

The Raritan is WAY too north for the dividing line between north and south.  I'd use the northern border of Burlington County. 

Anyone who believes Trenton is South Jersey is smokin something illegal...

But you guys said divide Jersey into two states, North and South. You gonna take a backhoe and dig up the cities you don't want and dump them up North???

You don't have to believe the facts... because facts, like the unicorns, depends on if we believe ...

and this North/South thing is very new to me so thank u Gens for opening the whole new world.

and never in my wildest nightmares I ever thought

the Union will be brought down by a secessionist movement in the south NJ....

and enjoy life and Sunday guys. take it easy :)

God bless

I like where I live. It's basically a cross of 3 things. "pretty much Alabama, Farms and Army Bases and right on the line of Piney, Pineys everywhere. Good old Williamstown. And The line would have to be have to run from under Trenton to Forked River b/c I want nothing to do with "Jersey Shore"

HEY!

What I always find funny about South Jersey inhabitants, is they can never agree where they draw the line for "the south". If you're below the Driscoll, you're south. Period. Considering what, 60% of the Blue votes come from that point and lower. I would say you're right. You SHOULD split off. All the Blue votes that won NJ for Bama, came from down there. The birth has to deal with Union and Essex counties, but since I live in Union county, I'm confident that it can be fixed. Essex may have to go NY though.

Let's not be selfish and ignore our northern (above the border) bretheren. The NY SAFE Act brought to a head the secessionist sentiment that's been brewing in upstate NY.

Here's the plan: Create a new state. Let's call it Bloombergainia. It will include the 5 boroughs, Westchester, Hudson, Essex, and parts of Bergen. It will be an idealogically rather uniform state, with 90% Democrats. There will be extremes of wealth, but the liberal rich won't mind subsidizing the poor. All can benefit from the enlightened rule of Bloomberg and live in the comfor of knowing that they are completely safe from crime, due to the sensible gun laws which will be possible without the pesky resistance from the provincials in NY and NJ.

Keep upstate NY and the rest of NJ as is.

The benefit of this system is that Bloombergainia will be geographically small. So, those of us who are trapped in its gravitational pull, for work reasons, can move just a few miles to either NJ and NY. We can still commute if needed, but every night, we can come home to freedom!

I like where I live. It's basically a cross of 3 things. "pretty much Alabama, Farms and Army Bases and right on the line of Piney, Pineys everywhere. Good old Williamstown. And The line would have to be have to run from under Trenton to Forked River b/c I want nothing to do with "Jersey Shore"

HEY!
I mean Jersey Shore like the show..... otherwise the rest of the shore is okay. Except the obnoxious visitors from philly and nyc. Oh and Canadians wearing speedos

sent from my Samsung Note 2

But you guys said divide Jersey into two states, North and South. You gonna take a backhoe and dig up the cities you don't want and dump them up North???

Hmmmm....Can we really do that?

Facts? All the states problems come from north jersey. Our problem is Camden. Notice where all the anti gun rally's are, All the gun buy backs. I haven't seen one down here anywhere.

camden had one within the last 7 months i think.

I read an interesting article about the us basically being a weekend away from Marshall law. Basically what it said was if on Friday banks were infected with a virus and couldn't give anyone their money there would be a huge break down within days.

I read an interesting article about the us basically being a weekend away from Marshall law. Basically what it said was if on Friday banks were infected with a virus and couldn't give anyone their money there would be a huge break down within days.

3 days. that's it. most people don't keep cash on hand. those that do will have stores cleaned out within that 3 days, if for whatever reason they can't get resupplied.

that's a pretty scary thought when you actually think about it. that we're only 3 days away from crap like that.

Link?

That map is slightly incorrect. The "well-to-do" conservatives in Bergen County voted for Obama in the last election, and Christie LOST in Bergen County in 2009. (When Corzine ran for Senate in 2000, he won more votes in Bergen County than the opposing Franks.) Of the 530,000 registered voters in Bergen, about 250,000 are "unaffiliated."

Bergen County's population is hovering around 918,000.

That map is slightly incorrect. The "well-to-do" conservatives in Bergen County voted for Obama in the last election, and Christie LOST in Bergen County in 2009. (When Corzine ran for Senate in 2000, he won more votes in Bergen County than the opposing Franks.) Of the 530,000 registered voters in Bergen, about 250,000 are "unaffiliated."

Bergen County's population is hovering around 918,000.

that's the only inaccuracy you found? lol

Well, the well-to-do conservatives in Bergen make up the northern part of the county, the rest is heavily dems. You have o'tool and that hag both representing parts of bergen.

Correct. The northern sections of Bergen county are very different in makeup and population density when compared to the southern sections of Bergen county. We still have a few good conservatives here, but they are still in the minority.