Whiskey Reb

Your Favorite Whisky?

Old granddad? Lol really? That's some brutal stuff. I've had it a few times and it was rough.

markers mark or old granddad. jack is a good fallback if the other 2 are empty already. or if the bar blows and doesnt have anything else. which has been the case for me once recently.

The subject was whisky, not just bourbon or Canadian whiskey.  And there is huge range of scotch whisky, so there are quite a few "in betweens".

What I'm saying is you like scotch or you don't like scotch. I will partake in Irish whiskey at times but don't like the taste of scotch if its $6 or $600 a bottle.

What I'm saying is you like scotch or you don't like scotch. I will partake in Irish whiskey at times but don't like the taste of scotch if its $6 or $600 a bottle.

And my point is,  spending more than Marker's Mark or Crown does not necessarily make one a snob, whether its scotch bourbon or any other whiskey.  I can think of a few more expensive bourbons than MM (which I too happen to enjoy) that offer great taste sensations. But to each his own.

Cheers!

EDIT: I will submit Bookers!  It's a killer bourbon!

Edited by BAL66

When I was 13 years old  we raided a friends whiskey cabinet while his parents where away. I got sick for two days. never touched it again. :)

Just to veer off a bit, I wonder how many others still can't touch the stuff that caused that first technicolor all night puke. It was Canadian Club for me and I still can't even smell the stuff without my stomach twitching almost 50 years later.

I always have a bottle of whiskey around but i try to always get different ones. Johnny walker gold is my favorite that i come back too often, blue label is almost too smooth for its own good. For almost 10 years or so I have been buying different $35 to $60 dollar scotches from the liquor store. Mostly single malts. I go through 4 or 5 bottles a year and I try to get different ones every time. I've forgotten most of them. Woodford reserve is an awsome bourbon.

Jameson and Jack Daniels green label. Green label doesn't have that gross charcoal aftertaste that the regular black has.

The only difference between the green and black label is the aging time. The green is bottled sooner, but the charcoal mellowing is the same process for both types.

When I was 13 years old we raided a friends whiskey cabinet while his parents where away. I got sick for two days. never touched it again. :)

Just to veer off a bit, I wonder how many others still can't touch the stuff that caused that first technicolor all night puke. It was Canadian Club for me and I still can't even smell the stuff without my stomach twitching almost 50 years later.

My 18th birthday. Absolute vodka. To this day I cringe at the thought.

Irish: bushmills or concannon

For highballs: Canadian club

American: Jack Daniels

Scotch: glenmorangie or glenfiddich single malt, chives ir similar for blended

Nothing too pricey. It seems like I don't notice the value of a high end whiskey.

Scotch is not bourbon or Canadian whiskey either. Scotch is also something you love or you hate. There is no in between with Scotch.

I don't know that that's true.  There's such a huge variety.  Unless you flat out don't like whiskey, there's probably a Scotch out there you could enjoy.