Whiskey Reb

Your Favorite Whisky?

Scotch: glenmorangie or glenfiddich single malt, chives ir similar for blended

I'm a highlands malt guy.

Glenmorangie. The best. Plain ol' 10 y.o.

As for what I can't tolerate because of teenage unpleasantness it's southern comfort. I'm gagging a bit just typing it.

As for what I can't tolerate because of teenage unpleasantness it's southern comfort. I'm gagging a bit just typing it.

I am Islay guy myself Walt. As for teenage indescretions I have to choose Sambuca on an empty stomach! 

e7equzu5.jpg

And the best of all my brother's old unit's commemorative bottle of single barrel that we'll drink on his retirement.

Nice! I have had plenty of cask strength (Laphroaig 10 y/o 55.6% ABV )  But no single barrels as of yet.  I am sure Jack's is very sweet. Something to look forward to.

I am Islay guy myself Walt. As for teenage indescretions I have to choose Sambuca on an empty stomach!

I tried to like isle of islay malts. I just can't. I have a bottle of Lagavulin that's one wee dram short of full for some years now...

Better man than me.

I tried to like isle of islay malts. I just can't. I have a bottle of Lagavulin that's one wee dram short of full for some years now...

Better man than me.

Well as one Scot said about the Laphroaig cask strength - you can either send it to your best friend, or your worse enemy! I am sure most of the peats are along this line. The wonderful thing about scotch (or just single malt) is that there are so many different ones to choose from.

Better man than me.

I wish you were a good friend of mine. I would have helped you to finish it by now.

Nice! I have had plenty of cask strength (Laphroaig 10 y/o 55.6% ABV )  But no single barrels as of yet.  I am sure Jack's is very sweet. Something to look forward to.

I have a bottle of single barrel lying around.  Always kept it for something semi special but I'm thinking I should just go for it one of these days. 

The Balvenie Single Barrel 15. I haven't tried the Single Barrel 12 yet, but it's on my list of things to try. I don't drink often, and whiskey is less common to be had, but that stuff is great.

As far as unable to even smell it; Kahlua & Jack Daniels.

Bowmore or if brave: Talisker

I was never a scotch fan until I went there 10 years ago.. part of the tour included nightly tastings of various brands.  It went from just tasting like burning on day 1 to actually being able to pick up the differences by the end of the trip.

I only drink on occasion but my bottle that lasts me almost a year is filled with Jack Daniels. My favorite for celebrating is Glenlivet. It is whisky as I learned the first time I ordered a glass of Scotch in Scotland.

Laphroig.

Whiskey related anectode: I ended up with a completely unexpected layover in Edinburgh. It is an incredibly beautiful city. I went on the whiskey tour and learned (and tasted) a lot. In my drunken stupor, I bought a couple of nice bottle and brought them back to the airport not having thought through that my baggage was already checked, and I couldn't carry on board. I ended up donating them to two nice ladies who tried to help me get them checked at the last minute.

Moral of story: Don't drink and buy.