bry@n

S&w 686+ 3"

So today I saw and shot a s&w 686+ with a 3" barrel. I liked it a lot and could have bought it but I wanted a 4" model. Still thinking it over.

Price was decent for this market but I'm up on the air. Anybody own one?

Just got (well I'm on day 17 of nics check) for a S&W 686+ 4" stainless.  Got it for $729.  Actually got to try it out on Friday and loved it.  Super accurate.  Shot .38 special and it felt like I was firing .22LR - just love it.

I have a 686-6 (7 shot) 3" that I bought from a fellow forum member within the last 2 years.

It's my only L frame, as my other .357s are K frame 19s and 66s

The 686 handles hot loads just fine due to its bulk, but it's big for a belly gun and short for a longer range gun.

Compromises are fine if you can accept the shortcomings on both ends.

I sort of expect to put it to good use in the not too distant future the way things are going here.

The 686 with a 3 inch barrel is on the top of my wish list but demands a premium, simply because of it's relative rarity. I am drawn to the balance of the firearm and as PB is likely to add ....the ability to fully clear spent rounds in a full stroke.

With a choice of grips this configuration is by far the most attractive without sacrificing accuracy or efficiency .

The cost was 750 for the gun. It would have to be shipped to NJ though. I'm still on the fence but I did make a score while there.

Well you still have tomorrow to think about it, as they aren't open on Mondays. What caliber was your score? Just guessing.

Well you still have tomorrow to think about it, as they aren't open on Mondays. What caliber was your score? Just guessing.

It wasn't there. Although i will have to see if they have one now. Lol. It was in FL. The score was a .308. Pics to follow soon in a new thread.

Bry@n. I have one and love it. There is a pic in the "Show What You Got" thread. It's the TALO gun with the unfluted cylinder. I suck at shooting it but can't seem to stop. It's a bunch more accurate than me. If you can get one, I highly recommend it however holsters are a tough go.

If you find yourself in NNJ in the next day or so, let me know. You can swing by and fiddle with it.

C

Bry@n. I have one and love it. There is a pic in the "Show What You Got" thread. It's the TALO gun with the unfluted cylinder. I suck at shooting it but can't seem to stop. It's a bunch more accurate than me. If you can get one, I highly recommend it however holsters are a tough go.

If you find yourself in NNJ in the next day or so, let me know. You can swing by and fiddle with it.

C

Chris you buy the one Rick had?