bravozulu14

Collapsible stock question

with a non SBR'ed barrel there is no way an AR will ever be below the 26" requirement with a stock.  Even pinned all the way closed you should be fine.  I have all my stocks pinned one notch from fully collapsed only to access the end plate sling mount.  Had I not needed that I would have pinned them fully collapsed. 

with a non SBR'ed barrel there is no way an AR will ever be below the 26" requirement with a stock.  Even pinned all the way closed you should be fine.  I have all my stocks pinned one notch from fully collapsed only to access the end plate sling mount.  Had I not needed that I would have pinned them fully collapsed. 

Makes you wonder why they make you pin the stock in the first place if even at the shortest position you are at legal length

Makes you wonder why they make you pin the stock in the first place if even at the shortest position you are at legal length

Because it makes it non-identical to a banned assault weapon and therefore, legal for us to own.  It's more a loophole that us gun owners created than something that the state wanted.  It's a compromise.  We get our guns and the state gets to have an AWB. 

It's the same as the bills being introduced now. Designed to accomplish nothing while doing only minor damage to us but doing something makes the politicians look tough on guns.  It's Sweeney and his merry men (or women) scamming the gun control crowd as much as they're screwing us.  Ceasefire NJ members know nothing about guns so they're easy for the politicians to trick.  We suffer a little so they can look tough.

Change the current FID to another FID - minor damage to us - Anti's think they did something.

Ban 50BMG's  - only hurts a very few of us and Anti's think they did something.

Require a background check at time of purchase - that's already a law but the Anti's think they did something.

Ban flash suppressors and collapsable stocks but allow compensators and pinned stocks - very little damage to us but the Anti's think they did something.

They scam or screw both sides to win votes.  We just know enough to realize we're being screwed.  If only the Anti's knew...

It's the same as the bills being introduced now. Designed to accomplish nothing while doing only minor damage to us but doing something makes the politicians look tough on guns.  It's Sweeney and his merry men (or women) scamming the gun control crowd as much as they're screwing us.  Ceasefire NJ members know nothing about guns so they're easy for the politicians to trick.  We suffer a little so they can look tough.

Change the current FID to another FID - minor damage to us - Anti's think they did something.

Require a background check at time of purchase - that's already a law but the Anti's think they did something.

Ban flash suppressors and collapsable stocks but allow compensators and pinned stocks - very little damage to us but the Anti's think they did something.

I dont know about you but all those things that you said were very minor damage suck ass. Whos side are you on? All those little things that dont mean duck can put us in jail, and make shooting alot less fun. We have to get thes antis out of office and out of our lives.

Because a collapsible stock is a very evil creature that can wreak huge amounts of chaos.

I agree.  A collapsible stock once jumped off its gun and started beating me silly.  I saw first hand why the wise state of NJ has banned these evil creatures.  Or it could be because collapsing the stock turns AR-15 pocket size, and we can conceal them in our shirt pockets.

I dont know about you but all those things that you said were very minor damage suck ass. Whos side are you on? All those little things that dont mean duck can put us in jail, and make shooting alot less fun. We have to get thes antis out of office and out of our lives.

+1 would be nice to be able to buy a stock AR. Would be nice to be able to adjust your stock for different shooters or for different shooting positions or uses.

I say a real pain in the a**.

I just bought a new S&W M&P15 ORC, C in the designation meaning compliant ie pinned stock. it's a flat top, no sights. First when shouldering the rifle it feels like it would be a lot more comfortable with the 3" collape. Second (its a flat top, no sights out of the box) when BUIS are put all the way back on the rail and a scope just in front of it your eye is so far back from the scope that the sight picture is crap through the scope.

I measured the buffer tube and found that its longer than a normal tube and will stick out the back of the but plate if the stock is moved up more than .75 inches. Next I measured the inside of the tube vs the outside and found that S&W made a special buffer tube for this version with the back wall of the tube almost 3" thick so it would stick out if unpinned and moved forward.

So now if I want to pin the stock forward I'm stuck with cutting off the solid back part of the over lenght tube and and voiding the warranty OR buy a new stanard length tube and probably have to be a S&W part installed and pinned by a S&W service center $$$ or the warranty will still be voided.

Saying these little nit pick restrictions don't hurt a legitimate law abiding gun owner is like the guy who says a 380 is inadiquate......  in either case, get hit with one and tell me if it hurts!

Just my opinion......    I don't mean any offense to anyone

So now if I want to pin the stock forward I'm stuck with cutting off the solid back part of the over lenght tube and and voiding the warranty OR buy a new stanard length tube and probably have to be a S&W part installed and pinned by a S&W service center $$$ or the warranty will still be voided.

I DOUBT it would void the warranty.. but..

step 1: get correct tube and stock

step 2: pin at desired length

step 3: remove original mess... place in a bag in case you have some odd warranty issue and are worried about it..

step 4: install corrected stock and tube..

I have cut into brand new guns with angle grinders before even firing them... I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty.. 

Another issue with these little changes is that it makes the guns harder to get and more expensive for NJ residents, It also kills the resale value of the gun by restricting the market for the gun.

So it is a Lose - Lose for us

Hello, I have a 870 pump action shotgun and bought a 6 position stock. My question is: I have pin it ? It came with pistol grip.

Thank you

Anything pump or bolt action is exempt from all the assault weapon nonsense as long as they meet over all length and don't have something that's illegal no matter what it's on like a suppressor

Sent from my hidden under ground bunker between Taco Bell and the dry cleaner

Referring to the last couple posts, about the 870, pump, with the tactical stock, what is the minimum, overall length required?

I'm in the same boat, Mossberg 5oo with a tactical stock.

For a shotgun the minimum barrel length is 18" and the minimum overall length is 26" (the same as a rifle).