Hello Everyone,
I have recently been looking at the K31 Swiss. It seems like a really nicely built and accurate gun for the money. Does anyone on the forum own one? If so, what is your pros and cons with this rifle. What type of accuracy do you get? Also has anyone seen this rifle for sale locally and if so what price? Thank you for your help!

They are really nice WW2 era rifles.  Very accurate and internally, almost all are in great condition.  Did I say they were accurate?

There is some extra history with them, as many will have the original troop tag, of the person who owned the rifle in the buttstock.  I had not be as lucky to get those tags in either of the two I have, but many have.  Its like a prize at the bottom of a cereal box. =)

I have not seen any at the local stores, and the only one I did, was a transfer.

To be honest In my opinion they are the best military bolt gun around out of the box. I absolutely love mine and plain to shoot it in some matches with the Swiss surplus ammo witch is probably the best surplus ammo almost match if not match quality and still available from samco global.  They are the best kept bolt action secret around. Still not bad in price and would cost some wear in the ballpark of 1600.00 to make in today's money I read someplace. Buy one and don't look back. WILL RUN LIKE A SWISS CLOCK!!

Have one, love it. Trigger pull is nice, the way the trigger sits on your finger is unlike most rifles, it feels like they bent the trigger for MY finger.. Solid, fun to to shoot. PLUS, with the straight pull bolt, you won't have to worry about your target seeing you when you cycle a round :-)

Troop tags are the icing on the cake, talk about a direct connection with the history of a firearm..

another post here -> http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/39215-k31-owners/

I have one, its amazing.  It is a tackdriver, slick action, perfect trigger.  It chucks the brass into the rafters at easton!  My rifle has a troop tag and I was able to track down and contact the gentlmen it was issued to in 1949! 

From a quality perspective, its the most rifle you can buy per dollar. 

I have been checking with local gun shops today but so far none of them have these rifles in stock. I also saw where classic arms sell these rifles but they are also out of stock. Does anyone know the best version of the K31 to get?

All of the Swiss rifles are great guns, but the most popular is the later model K31.

Sarco is weird with their pricing some stuff is fairly priced, other stuff is outrageously priced. I believe you will find better prices on SaMco GLOBAL. SaRco you might pay a little more but you get to finger fondle the gun before you buy it. Really a personal decision.

Just called. They said they haven't had any for a year :-(

Most of the employees are kind of....grumpy in person, so I'm sure they hate answering question over the phone. I was there 4-6weeks ago and I held a K-1911 in my hands and I am pretty sure the display case was filled with K-31s(as it usually is).

If you've never been to Sarco it is definitely worth the drive, tons of cool stuff to look at. I am willing to bet they have K-31s in stock they just didn't feel like dealing with people on the phone.

But seriously if you want a K-31, for a decent price, order one from Samco Global.

Counter person.

I ordered a Mosin from Aimsurplus to be shipped there, so I'l head out there in person whenever it arrives.

I'll see with my own eyes then.

I was at Sarco after the Shotgun meetup at Clinton looking for an M95 Steyr and the counter guy took me to the K-31s on the rack.

They had 7 K-31s and about 5-6 Schmidt Rubin s.

How much does Sarco charge for a transfer?