NYMetsFan86

How often did/do you call check on your FID/P2P?

FID/P2P wait time  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your FID/P2P card?

• 0-30 days
    • 31-60 days
    • 61-90 days
    • 91-120 days
    • 121- 180 days
    • 180+ days
    • still waiting
  2. 2. How often did you call and check on the status?

• every day!
    • every 3 days
    • every week
    • every 2 weeks
    • monthly

I just submitted my complete fingerprint form today at the Hamilton NJSP sub-station and I am assuming it is all just waiting for now. I planned on calling the trooper handling my initial FID and p2p maybe every month or so. How often did or do you guys check up on your permits, Initial FID cards, or address changes?. 

Took me 31-60 days to get my FPID. And when I'm waiting for permits I give it a 30 day buffer and then call for an update. After that first 30 days I call weekly.

Took me 31-60 days to get my FPID. And when I'm waiting for permits I give it a 30 day buffer and then call for an update. After that first 30 days I call weekly.

Agree. I waited like 5 full weeks for my last pistol purchase permit then called every Monday and politely asked just to check on status.

Please tell me this was in your town and not the SP. Op when you applied did you ask what the turn around time was? Going by how long it is taking mine you are looking around Christmas time.

I submitted my last set of paperwork for 6 permits on 4/5 - got a call today that I forgot to sign the background check form - so, 5 weeks for them to even start to look at the paperwork since my town doesn't do reference checks for P2P, just the criminal check.  My bad for not signing it, but why did it take so long to find that out?  Town is usually pretty good...

Please tell me this was in your town and not the SP. Op when you applied did you ask what the turn around time was? Going by how long it is taking mine you are looking around Christmas time.

I got two permits approved in March from east Brunswick after 7 week wait.

I don't understand what you are asking me.

I don't understand what you are asking me.

The Op applied at the NJSP. I was wondering if you applied there as well or if it was at your town police department. With your short wait time I'm guessing it was town. State police turn around times are getting worse and worse.

I was talking to an FFL and he was told with the state police the rumor is if you pester to much or are a pain in the ass your file gets buried a little deeper in the pile or "lost". When I apples for more permits back in December I asked the trooper what the turn around times were. He informed me they were backed up but 3-4 months. I called after 30 days to check and make sure they didn't need anything and if all was in order. When I was at 3 and a half months I started calling every two weeks. I know a guy that wasn't called until two weeks after the permits were in. With the way NICS is going I can't spare two weeks.

I did not happen to ask. Didnt want to pester right off the bat. Looks like im in for a long wait, ill stay positive for now. Great info guys especially if you know anyone else going through hamilton sp. Thanks!

I applied for my initial FID and 4 P2P's Jan 15th, it took two weeks till I had my prints done and my references returned their forms.  I got a call on Feb 11th to come pick them up, but they had actually been approved on Feb 5th or 6th.  Went in last Friday to get four more P2P's and they apologized that the state is now taking four weeks to return the SBI 212A form so it might not be for five weeks till I could get the new permits.

NYMetsFan420:  Why did you have to return the fingerprint form?  You don't have to return anything, you just get your prints done and wait.

That form is a receipt of your fingerprinting.  It says on the form you're supposed to keep it.

as i was being printed i asked the guy doing the prints. He said make two or three copies of the form and give one to the trooper handling your app. if it was unnecessary then i do not think it could have done any harm other than wasting 8 dollars worth of gas. maybe since the trooper knows i am printed he will get moving on my references. the check has not been cashed yet either Also the sarg at the desk seemed to think it was normal but i would obviously not go by that. I have copies anyway so its all good

Did you get printed by MorphoTrak?

as i was being printed i asked the guy doing the prints. He said make two or three copies of the form and give one to the trooper handling your app. if it was unnecessary then i do not think it could have done any harm other than wasting 8 dollars worth of gas. maybe since the trooper knows i am printed he will get moving on my references. the check has not been cashed yet either Also the sarg at the desk seemed to think it was normal but i would obviously not go by that. I have copies anyway so its all good

I applied at the Hamilton barracks back in early December for a change of address, finally got the call last night that the FID was in.

After 30 days I called just to make sure everything was in order. I also asked what the lead time was, if they said a month I would call back in a month, I kept this up until it finally came in.

I applied at the Hamilton barracks back in early December for a change of address, finally got the call last night that the FID was in. After 30 days I called just to make sure everything was in order. I also asked what the lead time was, if they said a month I would call back in a month, I kept this up until it finally came in.

Good god thats way to long. I will do that as well,  If my references do not receive anything in two weeks I will follow up with that first. the reference thing is somthing that they do i was told not the state. So if those dont get sent its them dragging their feet

I applied at the Hamilton barracks back in early December for a change of address, finally got the call last night that the FID was in. After 30 days I called just to make sure everything was in order. I also asked what the lead time was, if they said a month I would call back in a month, I kept this up until it finally came in.

Seems kind of silly that this state is so messed up that you even need to do this.  Why can't you just get a sticker with your new address just live you do with motor vehicle for your driver's license.  You go through hell to push around a 115 grain object but it is trivial if you want to push around a two ton object - makes no sense!

Seems kind of silly that this state is so messed up that you even need to do this.  Why can't you just get a sticker with your new address just live you do with motor vehicle for your driver's license.  You go through hell to push around a 115 grain object but it is trivial if you want to push around a two ton object - makes no sense!

agree. Look at who they give drivers licenses to now, a car is one hell of a weapon and some of the people driving them are far more questionable than the likes of us.

waiting 9 weeks for two pistol permits which a year ago took 4. finally called today and was told "still waiting on background check from SP" which is funny because my brother applied in a neighboring town 5 weeks ago and already got his permits.  how can the hold up be at the SP level.