tony357

Police respond to shooting near Weequahic H.S. in Newark

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/police-respond-to-shooting-near-weequahic-h-s-in-newark-1.5269336

NEWARK - Police are on the scene of a shooting at a Newark high school.

Newark Public Schools says a shooting happened at around 2:45 p.m. near Weequahic High School. There are reports of injuries.

There is no indication that the shooting is connected to a lockdown at Louise Spencer Elementary related to armed suspects.

Stay with News 12 New Jersey for more on this developing story.

1 18yr old person killed after checking himself out of school early, happened around the corner from school.

The other school incedent was 3 young males running into a school seeking shelter from 2 people chasing them.. NO guns involved at this incedent. Cory Booker just held press confrence and explained both situations

Neither are related

1 18yr old person killed after checking himself out of school early, happened around the corner from school.

The other school incedent was 3 young males running into a school seeking shelter from 2 people chasing them.. NO guns involved at this incedent. Cory Booker just held press confrence and explained both situations

Neither are related

They may not be directly related but I have a gut feeling that both incidents are related to gang violence...

How many shootings a year are there in Newark? More than 1 a day?

Maybe not 365 shootings a year, but on some weekends there are 3 or 4 in a night. I have spent some time at University Hospital at night and its a regular thing. I do believe it is getting better though.

Maybe not 365 shootings a year, but on some weekends there are 3 or 4 in a night. I have spent some time at University Hospital at night and its a regular thing. I do believe it is getting better though.
thats cause it was winter. Cold is a great crime preventer

thats cause it was winter. Cold is a great crime preventer
Very true

I thaught they had some type of system that tracks gunfire and pinpoints where it is so the PD can send cruisers their?

And most town's don't have the manpower to set up a large enough perimeter for them to be effective.