VaultDweller

Second Handgun - Ruger mark III

This is my second purchase, I saw this on gunbroker for $100 less than the MSRP and jumped on it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=341904590

It's a Ruger Mark III Target .22, in Stainless Steel!  Comes with an optics mount!

Can't wait to get it!

(Of course, I have to wait, but that's OK)

I heard these are a b***h to clean.  Just bought a 22/45 that I can't wait to pick up, but am not looking forward to taking apart lol.

Watch a youtube video on it.  Its really not that bad after you do it a few times

I love my MkIII.  I can tell you from experience that the extractor in it sucks.  I have a lot of rounds through mine and may have just worn it our.  If yours ever start stovepipeing a lot look up the exact edge extractor.  By the time you need it you should be a pro at striping and cleaning.  Changing the extractor is easy once you get good at the field strip part.

Ken

I actually got lucky with the ss one I just bought it literally falls apart when I pull the pin out and the mag also shoots right out no problems with the disconector at all. It came apart so easily I was worried something was wrong and went though the whole gun making sure it was actually tight when together. This gun shoots great and can be very acurate depending on ammo. With the fed bulk I was scattering around the target but with some agula Eley my grouping was very tight for a newby with handguns..LOL.

Also there seems to be alot of threads over on rimfire centeral about the stovepiping being caused by the loaded chamber indicator as well.

Even an FFL gets to have some fun. Here is mine. 6.88 inch slab sided bull barrel, thumb rest grips. I also have a 22/45 Mark 4 with a threaded barrel, custom comp and dot. Great competition pistols.

post-4275-136992568091_thumb.jpg

post-4275-136992570471_thumb.jpg

Great gun! My MKIII was the 2nd gun I bought and I was thoroughly intimidated by the process of taking it down and reassembly. Don't let it frustrate you and take your time during reassembly. I do a field-strip and cleaning every 1k-2k rounds. The last time around I didn't even have to reference the manual or YouTube videos to successfully get it back together!

This is my second purchase, I saw this on gunbroker for $100 less than the MSRP and jumped on it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=341904590

It's a Ruger Mark III Target .22, in Stainless Steel!  Comes with an optics mount!

Can't wait to get it!

(Of course, I have to wait, but that's OK)

Nice choice! Plus I like the avatar and name! Seen any rad cola caps lying around?