E2hot

Glock or Springfield XD

I love my XD9, but mag capacity is an issue. SA used to offer a 15 round mag, but now it's 10 or 16. 15 rounders can be found on Gunbroker but often sell high.

You can get aftermarket 15 rounders but I wasnt impressed with the Promags and they don't lock the slide open after the last round.

I was able to get enough 15 round SA mags, but you might have difficulty. SA customer service is fantastic, but I don't like the fact that I can't buy extractors for DIY replacement. One great thing about Glocks is parts availability.

I wish I liked the way the Glock feels but I just don't. If I had to start over without mags I would probably go M&P or PX4.

I have yet to shoot a factory glock so I can't really compare. The only glock I currently use is my duty 19 with a heavy modified trigger. I will be picking up a 20 real soon so maybe my opinion will change. I carry an xd9sc off duty and love it. I just picked up a 5" tactical 40. As of now I prefer a springfield.

You will not be disappointed with either gun. I own both, gen4 23 & XD-40, and swear by each. They are the only two handgun companies I buy now.

Federal LEO friends loved shooting my Springfield and said it would be an accepted replacement for their duty Glocks...