Sign in to follow this  
DNCAV

Pietta 1858 New Army

I bought a Pietta 1858 new Army revolver from Cabelas and finally got to shot it At Old Bridge yesterday. Had a lot of fun with it.
I broke it down completely and cleaned it. Got everything back together and  It looks like the hand is not coming out far enough and the cylinder is not advancing all the way.  Any suggestions? I was wondering if the spring on the hand needs to be bent out some.

I bought a Pietta 1858 new Army revolver from Cabelas and finally got to shot it At Old Bridge yesterday. Had a lot of fun with it.

I broke it down completely and cleaned it. Got everything back together and  It looks like the hand is not coming out far enough and the cylinder is not advancing all the way.  Any suggestions? I was wondering if the spring on the hand needs to be bent out some.

Bring it to the Black Powder League Qualifier Shoot on Sunday and let Lance take a look at it.  And what ever you do, don't force anything in the meantime!

Dave

It did work  better before. I have to take a better look at it.

Sunday is a good idea but I cant make it this time. Besides I want to get a rifle and wanted to get some input from you guys.

PM me and I can get your phone number and chat for a while so you can better describe whats going on.  And I can give you Lance's home phone number so you can call him to arrange a look-see since he's retired at this point.  You'll want to make sure that it's back together the right way.  On small piece turned the wrong way can cause a problem for sure, lol!

Dave