jonny.montana

Camping... advice?

Not sure about CCW, but I grew up camping in pa. Favorite place was otter lake and oak creek campground. Not sure how many campgrounds would allow Ccw. I Amy be way off and they all do! Good luck. We have a nice viking pop up and don't camp as much as we would like too!

How far into PA are you looking to go. Where are you located. Holiday weekends get booked quick and some reserve spots a year in advance. As far as CCW most do not allow firearms without prior arrangements. If your from Nj I guess you have a Ut CCW as FL and VA are no longer good in PA for non resident. Back to campgrounds. Are you tent camping or do you have a camper. Heard good things about Otter Lake but haven't been there yet(reserved a lake front spot in Oct though) Beaver Valley in Ottsville is my favorite near by campground or Colonial Woods in Upper Black Eddy.

We've camped in Ole Bull State Park - Potter County.  Beautiful place, great camp ground.  Just be prepared to chase bears away once in a while.  They're shy and chase easily but they are persistent.

Isolated sites available as well as RV, onsite showers and rest rooms are very nice and always clean. Camp sites are pleanty big enough and a few (there's a map online) are enormous. Lots of places to go fishing.  We've had a great experience there for years and plan to go back again this summer.