vladtepes

Think before you post...

I am not sure why some of you have issues with cops... I am not sure where the blind hatred comes from... but get it together...

sure some cops shoot better than others..

sure you probably shoot better than some cops...

sure some of the best shooting cops will panic under pressure the first time they have to shoot...

thanks captain obvious...

NONE of those facts mean they should not be cops... 

NONE of those facts mean they should not have guns...

all of those things could be said about EVERY gun owner in America..

I am not sure where cops have wronged you in your lives.. but the cop bashing stops now... actually ANY bashing stops now... 

you can convey your thoughts... express your views..

but do it in a CIVIL way...

and try to learn that the police are not responsible for your second amendment rights being infringed.. 

When the government came out with all these ideas with restrictions you know who stood up.. and said they would not have it... MANY sheriffs departments country wide.. LAW ENFORCEMENT stood up and told the feds that they would NOT allow it.. so understand that not all cops out there want to disarm you...

when all this bashing occurs (LEO or not) it diminishes the quality of the forum... 

ETA: this is NOT directed at any ONE person or any ONE situation.. this is instead directed at a poisonous mindset... one that divides us... and breaks up the unity we should have...

there are right wing extremists... hunters... cops.. and even leftist liberals that support gun ownership.... gun owners come in ALL shapes and sizes... we should NOT be dividing ourselves by making comments that are negative in nature towards ANY single GROUP... because groups are made up of individuals.. individuals that have their own beliefs...

judge those on their actions.. not based on them being cops.. or liberals.. or whatever.. 

Sorry if the comment I posted caused such hurt feelings, I have zero issues with cops and zero hatred towards LEO's.

Some may not agree with my view that some cops shouldn't have guns, I never said all cops should be unarmed and that was taken out of context.

Sorry if the comment I posted caused such hurt feelings, I have zero issues with cops and zero hatred towards LEO's.

Some may not agree with my view that some cops shouldn't have guns, I never said all cops should be unarmed and that was taken out of context.

my comments are not directed directly towards you or anything you said...

my comments were instead meant for ALL of us to take a step back and realize we do a TON of judging on a daily basis.. and some of that judging builds walls where there should not be any...

thats all.. 

my comments are not directed directly towards you or anything you said...

my comments were instead meant for ALL of us to take a step back and realize we do a TON of judging on a daily basis.. and some of that judging builds walls where there should not be any...

thats all.. 

Understood and well said, sir.

Opinions are like a5sholes. Everyone has them and some stink worse than others.

the biggest difference is some people can share views without being childish and disrespectful.. and others lack that ability.... those that really cross the line make a mess of it all.. 

Reminds me of a situation which shows up every so often in the papers across the country, some idiot, usually young, gives a cop the finger. Cop charges the person, it goes through the court system, and it comes back with the charges dismissed with the judge reminding the cop that with his badge, gun, and great responsibility come a need for "tougher skin" when he has to be dealing with all types of people everyday.

Reminds me of a situation which shows up every so often in the papers across the country, some idiot, usually young, gives a cop the finger. Cop charges the person, it goes through the court system, and it comes back with the charges dismissed with the judge reminding the cop that with his badge, gun, and great responsibility come a need for "tougher skin" when he has to be dealing with all types of people everyday.

Really?

Never mind - I see where this originated from... And I agree with the OP...

But I will say, I think the only distance I feel are to the people who like guns but still support the leftist party- there's like a missing link there because the leftist groups/party are the whole reason we keep getting our rights trampled down on and restricted.

Good post.  I have felt a little odd on these forums and other gun forums when people bash liberals constantly in particular.  The truth is, my views are libertarian in nature which includes some viewpoints of liberals and conservatives.

I support the Second Amendment but sometimes feel as though these sites stray away from that original purpose.  Thank you sir.

Individual cops I can take or leave.

But like it or not LEOs are govenment officials. The only serious threat to the freedom of American citizens is not from Russia, China or Al Qaeda but from our own govenrment. There will come a day when LEOs will be called upon to stand with or against the people, and I am not optimistic about the outcome. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Individual cops I can take or leave.

But like it or not LEOs are govenment officials. The only serious threat to the freedom of American citizens is not from Russia, China or Al Qaeda but from our own govenrment. There will come a day when LEOs will be called upon to stand with or against the people, and I am not optimistic about the outcome. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

hi... you might want to read the news on occasion... or actually look into what you are talking about.... it might help you get the bigger picture...

in NJ you may find a large anti gun vibe... and you may find departments willing to push a gun grab or some other absurd move... maybe? maybe not...

but as a whole you are totally and completely wrong... 

you need to have a broader scope than limited experience in a very anti gun state...

Sheriffs are elected. Chiefs of Police are appointed. It seems apparent to me that those who were elected seem ready to stand up. Those politically appointed chiefs? Not so much...

None of that however reflects on the rank and file.

Just a reminder "I was just following orders" has already been proven in the world court to NOT be a valid defense.

There are plenty (the 3%ers and oathkeepers come to mind) who will stand for the constitution.

There's a general frustration by many in NJ toward anyone who can legally carry when that RIGHT is not recognize for John Q Public. Does it make it fair? No, sometimes we all have to put on our "big girl" panties though.

Regardless the countless attacks and Monday morning quarterbacking is just old.

I had the opportunity to read a confidential after action report and investigation after a fatal incident. It gave me unique perspective at the rigorous level of examination afforded these serious situations.

There's a general frustration by many in NJ toward anyone who can legally carry when that RIGHT is not recognize for John Q Public. Does it make it fair? No,

Exactly...

At the end of the day people choose for whatever reason to stay in NJ.. Being "mad" at cops because they can carry and the general public cant is silly and childish at best...

You stay? Then you fight the fight and try to improve laws...

Or if you hate it enough you leave....

Either way it is not the police causing the issue..

hi... you might want to read the news on occasion... or actually look into what you are talking about.... it might help you get the bigger picture...

in NJ you may find a large anti gun vibe... and you may find departments willing to push a gun grab or some other absurd move... maybe? maybe not...

but as a whole you are totally and completely wrong... 

you need to have a broader scope than limited experience in a very anti gun state...

Given that I live in NJ, I have no choice but to have a scope that includes NJ. 

Yes, some LEO will stand up against bad laws. But I haven't heard a peep out of NJ LEO leaders like police chiefs or even Sheriffs against gun control that says to an effect what these Sheriffs are saying. I have my theories why but I will keep them to myself right now. How many testified at the hearings against the bills? I don't think I've seen a single one. 

Maybe the solution is to get out of NJ, because I don't see the police standing with citizens. The rank and file are most likely with us, but they will say, "sorry sir but I'm just following orders." 

Given that I live in NJ, I have no choice but to have a scope that includes NJ.

Yes, some LEO will stand up against bad laws. But I haven't heard a peep out of NJ LEO leaders like police chiefs or even Sheriffs against gun control that says to an effect what these Sheriffs are saying. I have my theories why but I will keep them to myself right now. How many testified at the hearings against the bills? I don't think I've seen a single one.

Maybe the solution is to get out of NJ, because I don't see the police standing with citizens. The rank and file are most likely with us, but they will say, "sorry sir but I'm just following orders."

U only have one life... If you are not happy with where you are change it...: never wanted to live with regret....