medic2264

Can a FFL dealer charge a higher fee for NICS, over what the state charges?

Plus since since Nics has to be done via a credit card (billed by champion Communications) your FFL is now paying 20% plus interest on every Nics check.

Not true. First of all its the merchant that pays credit card fees not the consumer. In this case FFLs are the consumer. The state charges $15. Any FFL charging tax is wrong. This service is the government accessing an information database and therefore not subject to sales tax. Have your accountant check the law. However FFL fees are not governed by the law therefore FFLs can charge anything they like for their services. If you use an FFL charging more than $15 for NICS you do it at your own choice. FFLs run a business just like any other business. I am not in it to break even or loose money. However my NICS fees are still $15, my transfer fees are average to lower than average. If you don't like paying the fees become an FFL. You have the right.