darrenlobo

Smokedown Prohibition V: Adam Kokesh and NA Poe Arrested (video and pictures)

At Smokedown Prohibition V Adam Kokesh is targeted for arrest even though it is obvious he isn't smoking marijuana. This happened on May 18, 2013 at Independence Hall in Philadelphia, PA.

I'm not a pot smoker or a hippie, but it does seem like a waste of resources having all that manpower at a hippie weed convention.

This guy is a bigger attention whore than Alex Jones

Adam Kokesh, an activist, who stands up for what he believes is right; in no way compares to an internet conspiracy theorist.

This guy is a bigger attention whore than Alex Jones

Didn't you attend the pro-2A rally in Trenton? Are you an "attention whore" or just a hypocrite? I suppose the 1st Amendment is conditional to you...

That bald guy is a New Jersian, running for governor. He recently smoked a joint in a NJ park.  Can't recall his name

actually hes running for libertarian senate seat not governor

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2013/05/libertarian_partys_senate_cand.html

We're all here to, among other things, support and exercise our 2A rights.

We are supposed to be on the same team ladies and gents. Act like it.

We can disagree with each other. We can have discussion on topics. But let's keep it civil. This a public forum. Infighting between us doesn't look good.

so... 

the government makes laws... laws that you disagree with...

you then show up somewhere and break that law...

and try to bait police into confrontations by doing nothing but talking down to them...

to me.. these people are scumbags...

I totally agree with the decriminalization of drugs.. I think it is a HUGE waste of time..

but I am not going to hassle someone for enforcing the law...

lets see what they do when some lunatic crack head smashes them with a bottle on the streets of philly.. I bet they go crying for the police to help... 

"oh we should not pay taxes"

ok.. then man up and stop paying them.. don't just stand there and cry about it..

"you are all living on stolen tax money"

Ill bet my paycheck for the next 50 years that there were many in attendance living on "stolen tax money"

want to decriminalize drugs? you have my vote...

but don't run around screaming stupid nonsense... it just makes you look like a moron.. 

so... 

the government makes laws... laws that you disagree with...

you then show up somewhere and break that law...

and try to bait police into confrontations by doing nothing but talking down to them...

to me.. these people are scumbags...

Which law was he breaking. He wasn't smoking nor did he have any marijuana on him.

Which law was he breaking. He wasn't smoking nor did he have any marijuana on him.

him personally.. I dont know that he did or did not have marijuana on him.. obviously the premise of the whole thing was to cause problems....

it was not 

"we are here.. with signs... and literature.. protesting laws we do not agree with.. in a civil way..."

it was instead...

"we are here being defiant.. and disrespectful to cause some type of response.. "

people have a right to protest.. and do their thing.. 

but implying that ALL cops would rather "test drugs and lock up someone for weed over catching a rapist" is wrong.. it is an insulting personal attack on someone you do not know.. there is no reason to treat another human being that you do not know in that manner...

people have a right to assemble.. and protest.. 

do they have a right to be hostile? and disruptive? 

does this chaos occur at gun rallies? maybe? but I am not aware of any....

people assemble.. make their points in an organized adult manner.. and move on...

does that make any sense to you?

like does any part of you feel that this could have been handled in an entirely different manner? 

him personally.. I dont know that he did or did not have marijuana on him.. obviously the premise of the whole thing was to cause problems....

Goodness gracious. Peaceful disobedience was never righteous and never accomplished anything. Do what you are told. Go to the voting booth and pull a lever if you want to master the destiny of you and your children.

Can you guys extradite ^this guy back to the great state of Jersey? I think you might have lost a promising legislator or a high level executive.

it was not 

"we are here.. with signs... and literature.. protesting laws we do not agree with.. in a civil way..."

it was instead...

"we are here being defiant.. and disrespectful to cause some type of response.. "

but implying that ALL cops would rather "test drugs and lock up someone for weed over catching a rapist" is wrong.. it is an insulting personal attack on someone you do not know.. there is no reason to treat another human being that you do not know in that manner...

people assemble.. make their points in an organized adult manner.. and move on...

like does any part of you feel that this could have been handled in an entirely different manner? 

There are varying degrees of defiance, they did not burn a flag, they did not destroy public or private property; they had a public protest and a handful of people lit up a joint. I don't see how making a few "fat cop jokes" is being hostile; the only hostility I saw in that video was at the hands of the police tackling hippies. It didn't show fights breaking out or mass chaos, just hippies smoking a marijuana cigarette and getting tackled. How were they being hostile or disruptive?

Could this have been handled in an entirely different manner..........yes they could have sat at home and wrote letters to their elected officials and nothing would have come of it. But instead they took action and spoke up on the public stage for what they believe in. That is how change is made; defiance changes things.

it was not 

it was instead...

It is called civil disobedience. It is okay if you disagree with the tactic. Some people do. Some people don't.

But it is okay to arrest them for that? Odd rationale.

Sure it could have been handled differently. I was not involved. But the police have been known to target him specifically. That video that appears someone is planting something on him is pretty damning. I'm not sure exactly what he was arrested for, the rumor is 'resisting arrest'. That is a misdemeanor in PA. He is still being held.

Interesting discussion. As you can tell from the video I was standing right by Adam. He wasn't smoking anything. The cops made a bee line right for him. It was plainly obvious they were out to get him, probably because of his 4th of july march on DC https://www.facebook.com/events/252728144871259/

If you want to help please join the call flood tomorrow: https://www.facebook.com/events/376600445792905/

If you want to protest by breaking the law... be prepared to be arrested... and don't cry when you are....

I have no idea who the guy is.. I don't know him personally..  

what I did see was cops standing around being insulted... and doing nothing other than standing there...

then when everyone decided to openly break the law in "protest" the arrests started..

none of that is surprising to me... I am sure they knew who he was.. and I am sure they were just waiting for something to happen...

Can you guys extradite ^this guy back to the great state of Jersey? I think you might have lost a promising legislator or a high level executive.

nothing logical to add so you just go with petty BS... at least you are consistent.. 

the issue I have is this... 

cops do not make laws.... they do not change laws.. they simply enforce them...

so why direct all that hostility towards them... 

further as I said before is the hypocrisy... 

"your salaries are paid with our stolen tax money!!!" "we should stop paying taxes!!!!"

tell me how many people there are not currently taking a DIME of government money... 

when you have a valid point... you don't need to turn it into a circus... 

Hopefully this gives you an idea of who he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuBv6WhejGQ

that IMO looks like a totally different person... the person in that video.. is conveying his thoughts clearly and directly.. and not standing there like some punk from a high school yelling fugg the police.. 

and again my point was not that people should just roll over.. and not that they should not question the government.... my point was when I watched the first video.. it looked like a bunch of nonsense... a gathering where conflict is being sought.. 

if you think that fixes things.. if you think it brings about change... then by all means.. go for it.. 

I am not going to stand around and support the bashing of people that are not the source of my problems...

government is the DIRECT source of my problems... not the military.. not the police.. not the FBI.. the law making bodies of this nation..

additionally my problems lie with the zombies that mindlessly roam the streets... those individuals that think nothing is wrong.. 

So making bad laws is worse than enforcing bad laws? Interesting thought process. A law is meaningless without enforcement, so police enforcing bad laws are much more a direct source of a problem then a law maker, though I take issue with both.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. - Thomas Jefferson

So making bad laws is worse than enforcing bad laws? Interesting thought process. A law is meaningless without enforcement, so police enforcing bad laws are much more a direct source of a problem then a law maker, though I take issue with both.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. - Thomas Jefferson

with all due respect I do NOT want the police to decide on a whim if a law is a good law or a bad law...

good and bad is entirely subjective... out meter of "bad" is "normal" in other countries...

if laws are wrong.. then we should change them as the people... maybe this is his way of changing them? 

but I really do NOT want the police to be deciding the merit of a law, that is a HUGE potential problem... 

I find it more sad you don't have enough faith in law enforcement officers to decide themselves whether they think something is moral or not. I mean, do you think that law makers are more moral and than LEO's, or a jury for that matter?

It is called civil disobedience. It is okay if you disagree with the tactic. Some people do. Some people don't.

But it is okay to arrest them for that? Odd rationale.

Sure it could have been handled differently. I was not involved. But the police have been known to target him specifically. That video that appears someone is planting something on him is pretty damning. I'm not sure exactly what he was arrested for, the rumor is 'resisting arrest'. That is a misdemeanor in PA. He is still being held.

The person "Planting" something was the Libertarian who was being arrested next to him....Not the police

I find it more sad you don't have enough faith in law enforcement officers to decide themselves whether they think something is moral or not. I mean, do you think that law makers are more moral and than LEO's, or a jury for that matter?

I think the law is the law.. and if the law is wrong we need to change it.. not the police.. I think police are the same as regular people.. I think some have morals I would agree with.. and others are grossly corrupt.. 

could you imagine if cops just decided on a whim how things should be? sure some cops would get it "right" and other would be grossly misguided.. 

"hey listen I know you robbed that store.. but you obviously have a drug problem.. and I feel bad for you.. so I am gonna let you go.. just promise me you will straighten up.."

"well yeah you are WAY over the limit.... but you seem to have a decent driving record.. so just promise me you will get home alright"

"hey listen that gun MIGHT be legal.... but it kind of looks like a gun that might be illegal.. so I am going to go ahead and make the arrest.. and we will figure it out later.."

"yeah I know your gun turned out to be totally legal.. but the officer is at no fault.. he was just doing what he felt was right"

our society has a structure.. and that structure does NOT allow for police to make up laws as they go long..

you can't possibly really believe cops should just make up laws as they go along.. 

"hey listen I know you robbed that store.. but you obviously have a drug problem.. and I feel bad for you.. so I am gonna let you go.. just promise me you will straighten up.."

"well yeah you are WAY over the limit.... but you seem to have a decent driving record.. so just promise me you will get home alright"

Clearly that isn't what I was talking about because that lacks all morals and has little to do with using anything resembling good judgment. If they want to do that already they can.

"hey listen that gun MIGHT be legal.... but it kind of looks like a gun that might be illegal.. so I am going to go ahead and make the arrest.. and we will figure it out later.."

"yeah I know your gun turned out to be totally legal.. but the officer is at no fault.. he was just doing what he felt was right"

That is exactly what already happens. How many examples of "just tell it to a judge" do you need to hear? How many examples of people being arrested and the charges dropped because it was not a lawful arrest do you need to read about, where there is no repercussions and the actions are defended by the department?

our society has a structure.. and that structure does NOT allow for police to make up laws as they go long..

you can't possibly really believe cops should just make up laws as they go along..

Of course it doesn't allow police to make up laws as they go. I never suggested they should just make up their own laws. That is exactly what I don't want to happen, though it already does. I am at a loss how you could have possibly thought I was suggesting police should be allowed to make up their own laws.