MonmouthShooter

NICS is up to 3 weeks

My wife and I finally got 2 of our guns out of NICS jail this weekend.

It took 3 weeks!  A month ago, NICS took 8 days.  Things are getting worse...

I was thinking of picking up a 1911, but since I am out of Pistol Permits, I am not sure if I want to go through another 2 months to get the permit, and another month of INSTANT NICS :( 

I love NJ.

WOW!  It took me 18 days, I finally got my S&W686+ out of jail on May 18th.  Now I have to wait till June 13th till I can even post bond on my S&W performance center 1911 - I wonder how long it will take to get her out of jail.  Think she will be able to come home by the 4th of July?  :(

i went through the posts, and saw 14-19 days, and up to 28 days, for a nics approval.

does everyone realize that this means it will be almost impossible to use 3 permits within 90 days?

The majority of buyers are going to have to apply for renewals, and i'd say with the current nics delays, there will only be enough TIME to use a max of 2 permits within the final 90 day timeframe. local store purchases or gunbroker buys will have to be made fast to allow for shipping & nics processing. 

i went through the posts, and saw 14-19 days, and up to 28 days, for a nics approval.

does everyone realize that this means it will be almost impossible to use 3 permits within 90 days?

The majority of buyers are going to have to apply for renewals, and i'd say with the current nics delays, there will only be enough TIME to use a max of 2 permits within the final 90 day timeframe. local store purchases or gunbroker buys will have to be made fast to allow for shipping & nics processing. 

Exactly, and that is one of the problems.  I will be applying for a pistol permit shortly and although I will apply for 3, unless the NJSP grants me an extension it will be difficult to even get 2 with the delays we are seeing now.

I was in Cheyenne this morning and the woman behind the counter was asked by a local Hamilton Cop how long NICS was now and she said they were up to the 13th but with Sunday and tomorrow (holiday) they would be at 15 days. So I am hoping to get my Shield the second week of June.

I got my three permits on May 9, made my first purchase on May 14 and still waiting for NICS. I have two more handguns on order and I realize that unless some significant headway is made resolving the NICS delay situation that I will have to request an extension on one of my permits. That said, when I picked up my permits the clerk said that if I need an extension that I should come in at least two weeks before the expiration date.

On a brighter note can the NICS problem be trending in a positive direction? Today I received NICS proceed responses that are 8 NICS business days old after accounting for the holiday, Sunday's and the day I submitted the request. And I noticed that the person providing my responses was obviously new at this, and a voice that I did not recognize. I am optimistic.

I got my three permits on May 9, made my first purchase on May 14 and still waiting for NICS. I have two more handguns on order and I realize that unless some significant headway is made resolving the NICS delay situation that I will have to request an extension on one of my permits. That said, when I picked up my permits the clerk said that if I need an extension that I should come in at least two weeks before the expiration date.

I would just put in for the extension now.  Last time I picked up permits I handed one back immediately for an extension.

These NICS delays are crushing the LGS big time. Not only do they have tons of inventory stored away and some is unpaid, lots of buyers are just fed up and buying used guns privately to avoid the three week wait.

My first gun purchase was face to face private sale shot gun later that day. Second purchase LGS is 21 days of waiting. Leaves a bad taste in your month.